Spoon University Logo
guac 4 JocelynHsu
guac 4 JocelynHsu
Recipes

Amazing Guacamole in 5 minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at PITT chapter.

Guacamole is one of my favorite snacks to eat, as it tastes so fresh and is rich in flavor. Now, Chipotle, Moe’s, & Qdoba have met their match! Learn how to make this Amazing Guacamole in less than 5 minutes

Amazing Guacamole
Aditya Sharma

4-6 Avocados

1 Tomato

Half of a garlic head

1/2 of a Banana Pepper/ Jalapeno Pepper

Lemon Juice, to taste

Fresh Lime, to taste 

Salt, to taste

Pepper, to taste

Cilantro, to taste 

Steps to making this Amazing Guacamole:

1. Peel all the avocados (4-6) and take out the seeds, throw the fruit into a bowl, and the peels and seeds into the trash!

2. Dice 1 tomato into fine cubes. Add to the bowl

3. Mash half of garlic head and add to bowl. 

4. Dice Half of the banana/ jalapeno pepper, make sure to remove all seeds. 

5. Mix all fresh ingredients together, BUT Make sure to add lemon juice immediately. Be generous with the lemon juice, at least 2 tablespoons. This will keep the guacamole from browning, as it oxidizes. 

6. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of salt

7. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of Pepper

8. Sprinkle of cilantro or if using fresh cilantro, dice and add now. 

9. Squeeze fresh Lime over the top, as it adds a little different zest than the lemon juice.

10. Mix all together and enjoy with friends. This recipe serves about 8-10 people as a snack.

This recipe serves about 8-10 people as a snack

For an added bonus: I highly recommend eating with Lime Tortilla chips. 

If you enjoyed this, you might want to try my famous buffalo chicken dip recipe!

I'm a neuroscience major at the university of Pittsburgh, I'm a huge foodie and have a passion for cooking. So far I'm self taught although I would like to take some type of class in the future. I also used to play football and lacrosse, but now love to watch these sports as well as play a good pick up basketball game