Spoon University Logo
P1010174
P1010174
Recipes

This Microwave Mug Pumpkin Pie Is Almost Too Easy

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at OSU chapter.

These littles pies are the perfect way to celebrate fall. This recipe is super easy and can be made gluten-free with the substitution of gluten-free cookies

#SpoonTip: Use a cute (microwavable) mug to make these pies even more adorable.

Microwave Mug Pumpkin Pie

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 7 minutesCook time: 2 minutesTotal time: 9 minutesServings:1 servings

Instructions

1. Johann Dorado

In a small bowl, combine pumpkin puree, egg, milk, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk until there are no lumps.

2. Johann Dorado

Add crushed cookies into the bottom of a microwavable mug.

3. Johann Dorado

Pour the pumpkin pie mix into the mug.

4. Johann Dorado

Microwave for around 2-3 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on the strength of the microwave.

5. Johann Dorado

Carefully remove the mug from the microwave and let cool. Serve with whipped cream and enjoy!

Put these in the fridge to save them for later! They are perfect little treats to celebrate, or in Columbus, reminisce fall. And remember, whipped cream is good for the soul. 

Adapted from biggerbolderbaking.com

Hi I'm Lauren! I'm a first year student at The Ohio State University majoring in Biomedical Science. I have a million food allergies (ok just gluten and fructose) so food is a HUGE part of my life! I am always looking for new gluten free friendly restaurants. I love to travel and find gluten free foods in other parts of the country and world. Stay tuned and happy eating!