The sun is peaking through the clouds, day-drinking has begun and the lawn outside of Lillis is starting to fill up with nappers, Frisbee throwers, card players and daydreamers. Your summer dresses and bikinis are eager to be worn but your winter diet wasn’t as successful as planned (because no one likes diets anyways).

Spring term is hands down my favorite time of the year. Everyone is in a better mood, including your professors. When the sun is shining, there are two things that I always crave, any sort of liquor (don’t judge me) and strawberries with whipped cream. Strawberries and whipped cream is the perfect guilt-free dessert when you have a sweet tooth but still want to feel confident in that summer dress the next day. I’ve always preferred homemade whipped cream versus Cool Whip or other store-bought alternatives. It isn’t loaded with chemicals and contains good fats your body needs. Unfortunately, homemade whipped cream takes a little more effort, until now. I have discovered the best way to make homemade whipped cream with a little device every college student is familiar with: The Magic Bullet.

Easy

Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 6 seconds
Total Time: 1 minute and 6 seconds

Servings: 6

1 container heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

homemade whipped cream

Photo by Marissa Arnett

1. Pour container of heavy whipping cream, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in Magic Bullet.

homemade whipped cream

Photo by Marissa Arnett

2. Screw on lid, place on devise, and pulsate twice in 3 second intervals and be careful not too blend for too long. It will turn into butter.

homemade whipped cream

Photo by Marissa Arnett

3. Boom.

homemade whipped cream

Photo by Marissa Arnett