Spoon University Logo
IMG 7748
IMG 7748
Recipes

Blueberry Muffins So Good You’d Never Know They Were Paleo

This article is written by a student writer from the Spoon University at Auburn chapter.

For Christmas, my grandmother gave me a cookbook of all the favorite family recipes. When I found this one in there, I was so excited to try it. I was just diagnosed with celiac disease (meaning I can’t have gluten) about a month ago, and since then I’ve been on the hunt for gluten free versions of my favorites. These are a winner! 

Paleo Blueberry Muffins

Difficulty:BeginnerPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 45 minutesTotal time: 55 minutesServings:16 servings

Instructions

1. IMG 7729
    Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat your muffin tins with a non-stick spray (I used PAM). Also, organize all your delicious paleo ingredients to ensure you have everything.
  2. IMG 7737
    In a large bowl, combine almond flour, walnuts, ground flaxseeds, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and stir thoroughly until combined.
  3. IMG 7742
    Combine eggs, applesauce, oil, and coconut milk in a large measuring cup. After combining these ingredients together, make a well in the dry ingredients and slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry.
  4. IMG 7744
    Once the wet and dry ingredients are fully combined, you can begin to gently fold in the blueberries.
  5. IMG 7748
    Spoon the mixture into the greased muffin tins. The consistency of the batter will be a lot thicker than your typical muffin batter, but this is to be expected. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
  6. Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before removing from muffin tins. The consistency of the muffins resembles more of a scone and is a lot more dense than a normal muffin u002du002d but DELICIOUS! I added a pat of butter to mine when they were hot and it was perfect.
Editorial Director