Spoon University Logo
sanpellegrinosuits
sanpellegrinosuits
Reviews

Sanpellegrino Released A Luxury Swimwear Collection Inspired By The Italian Coast

Forget Hot Girl Summer — 2024 about “Costa Calda Summer“: crystal-clear Mediterranean waters, picture-perfect Italian villages, and enough gelato to fuel your hottest looks yet. Think sun-kissed skin, breezy linens, and statement sunglasses, all with an Aperol Spritz in hand. This summer, the Italian coast isn’t just a destination, it’s a vibe – and Sanpellegrino is all in on the trend.

This season, I dove headfirst (metaphorically) into the hottest collab of the summer: the limited-edition Sanpellegrino x Kenny Flowers swimsuit collection, aptly named “Swimfruits.” Yes, you read that right: the iconic Italian sparkling water brand teamed up with renowned luxury swimwear designer Kenny Flowers for a poolside wardrobe that’s equal parts refreshing and statement-making. But does the swimsuit collection live up to the hype?

What products are included in the Sanpellegrino x Kenny Flowers Swimfruits collection?

I was intrigued when I saw the pics from the collection, which boasts a classic closed-style one-piece swimsuit ($135), men’s mid-length swim trunks ($88), and a lightweight sarong ($39).

Upon receiving my order, I was immediately impressed by the vibrant packaging (adorned with San Pellegrino’s signature red star). Off the bat, you can tell that these Swimfruits are luxury bathing suits. Unveiling the swimsuit itself, I was immediately obsessed with the bold fruit-inspired prints – a signature touch of Kenny Flowers. The one-piece I opted for boasted a playful citrus design that screamed summer vacation on the Amalfi Coast, perfectly complementing the refreshing essence of San Pellegrino. The men’s swim trunks, available in a similar citrus motif, also offer a cool and contemporary look. 

What sizes do the swimsuits come in?  

Now, let’s talk about the fit. Swimsuit shopping — especially as a woman — is the worst. My hopes were high (especially given the price point), but I was confident given that Kenny Flowers is known for luxurious, high-quality designs. Luckily, the one-piece Swimfruit did not disappoint. The swimsuit hugged me in all the right places with no loose or baggy fabric, offering a flattering and comfortable silhouette. The fabric — a super-soft and stretchy polyester blend that feels sturdy and, well, expensive — felt amazing, and dried quickly when I ran it under water to test time drying after a dip. Though I can’t speak to them, the men’s trunks echo the sentiment with a comfortable mid-length cut and a drawstring closure for a secure and adjustable fit.

Sanpellegrino
Kennedy Dierks

Plus, I was stoked that the swimsuit felt true to size; I ordered a medium, and got a medium — not an itty bitty suit trying to pass for a medium. For reference, the women’s suits are available in sizes S through XXL; the men’s trunks are available in sizes S to XXXL; and the sarong comes in S/M or L/XL.

Beyond the aesthetics, I was also impressed by the collection’s commitment to sustainability. Ethically made in Colombia by an all-women-run team, the swimsuits are crafted from eco-conscious materials with SPF 30+ protection — so we are officially looking good, UV-protected, and feeling good about the impact on the planet.

Where can I purchase the Sanpellegrino x Kenny Flowers Swimfruits collection?

Sanpellegrino
Kennedy Dierks

The Sanpellegrino x Kenny Flowers Swimfruits swimwear line is available for order on the Kenny Flowers website. Fans can visit kennyflowers.com/collections/sanpellegrino to purchase, while supplies last.

Kennedy Dierks is a National Contributor at Spoon University, and chapter president of Spoon at Seton Hall University in New Jersey. She covers all things food, and has a soft spot for pop-culture moments, product launches, and the occasional cocktail. Beyond Her Campus, Kennedy plans to pursue medicine and currently works as a medical assistant and clinical researcher. She has written for Teen Vogue, ABC News, and Girl’s Life Magazine, in addition to a number of academic and scholarly journals. She recently graduated from Seton Hall University, where she majored in Biology and Religious Studies while minoring in Art History. Kennedy is currently pursuing a Master’s Degree at Seton Hall’s college of Interprofessional Health Sciences. Kennedy is a Taylor Swift aficionado who is convinced that a New Jersey bagel makes everything better. In her free time, she can be found teaching spin classes at the gym, playing the guitar, designing art for her Redbubble shop, or roaming the aisles of Trader Joe’s looking for her new favorite product.