In the Spoon series Spoon Feed, we give tips and tricks on entertaining & hosting and seasonal & trending topics all through the lens of food. 

Mamma Mia summer is all over my FYP, and I’m so here for it. Think sunning on the terrace, drinking aperol spritzes, and wearing linen all with a subtle 70s vibe. So Greek, so chic. It’s giving coastal grandma with a fresh fun summer update. How can we resist it? Here’s our guide to manifesting your Mamma Mia dreams this summer.

The Drinks

White wine in a cute glass is basically a requirement for Mamma Mia summer. Really any cute set of glasses will do (you might even find some great options at a thrift store, if you’re willing to do some digging), but I love this cute set currently on sale from Anthropologie.

Okay, you’ve got the adorable wine glasses, you need something fun to fill them up! Aperol spritzes are the perfect boozy beverage for Mamma Mia summer. Here’s a great recipe.

For a delicious non-alcoholic treat, try our recipe for brazilian lemonade. Or, if you’re feeling more like cracking open a can than getting out the blender, let me put you on to Blood Orange (Aranciata Rossa) Sanpellegrino. So good, and even better over ice in a fancy glass.

Speaking of ice, spherical ice is perfect for Mamma Mia summer! Super retro and chic. Bonus points if you add in florals. Pick up a sphere ice maker to give all your iced bevys a super classy 70s vibe.

The Food

Next (and most importantly) you need food. Here’s a few of our fave Mamma Mia-inspired recipes.

I might be biased, because halloumi and watermelon are basically my two favorite foods, but this Watermelon and Halloumi salad is literally irresistible and very mediterranean.

For the main course, this Pantry Pasta Puttanesca is super flavorful, delicious, and fun to say. Plus it’s made with affordable and shelf-stable ingredients, which is very convenient. Even when we’re manifesting the Mamma Mia aesthetic, we are still college students after all. 

And we can’t forget dessert! Try this almond cake with honeyed apricots for a sweet, super-chic treat.

The Decor

Mamma Mia summer is all about linen, fresh florals and citrus, simple ceramics, and dining al fresco. Already bought limes for that brazilian lemonade? Try arranging them in a bowl for a cute centerpiece. For another budget-friendly decor option, pick some fresh flowers and/or herbs from your yard if you have access to them. If not, here’s our tips for finding the freshest flowers at Trader Joe’s. Because yes, you can buy yourself flowers.

Now for the tableware. You can often find simple ceramic dishes at thrift stores, but if you’re looking for investment pieces, check out East Fork pottery’s beautifully simple, expertly crafted dishes. I have a few of these, and I swear they just make food taste better.

As for the linen, you can find an array of adorable linen placemats for less than $15 on Amazon. I’m partial to gingham, personally, but any pattern or color will do.

And there you have it, the ultimate guide to living out your Mamma Mia dreams this summer. So go ahead and gather your besties. It's time to channel your inner dancing queen, embrace the sun-kissed days, and have a summer that's so magnifico, it'll make even Donna and the Dynamos jealous!