I love Starbucks, and I’m not ashamed to say it. Our love affair began in middle school, when I delighted in ordering Strawberry Crème Frappuccinos at the mall, probably after buying a fresh new hoodie at Aéropostale. In high school, my go-to order matured (kind of) to an Iced Chai Tea Latte, and these days I’m obsessed with Cold Brew. While I’m a huge fan of supporting local coffee shops, Starbucks will always hold a special place in my coffee-ordering heart. Luckily, I am addicted to caffeine, so there is plenty of love to go around.

All this to say, a Starbucks trip never fails to brighten my day (even while lightening my wallet). And since there are no less than four Starbucks on my college campus, my obsession has thrived. So when I saw that the coffee chain just dropped two new summer beverages on May 9th — the Chocolate Java Mint Frappuccino and White Chocolate Macadamia Cream Cold Brew — I had to do a taste test.

Chocolate Java Mint Frappuccino

Moriah House

I love a good frappuccino. We all know they’re basically milkshakes disguised as coffee, and the Chocolate Java Mint is no exception. Featuring Starbucks new white chocolate mint sauce, Frappuccino chips, and a swirl of mocha, this drink was giving major mint-chip ice cream vibes. It was delightfully cool and refreshing, like a lovely summer breeze. While sipping it, I was reminded of going out for ice cream on a sunny afternoon.

I have to admit I was surprised to see mint on the summer menu. I typically think of it as a winter flavor. But after tasting this drink, I totally get it. I felt like I was at the pool, and I’m not mad about it. With 105 milligrams of caffeine in a grande size, comparable to a cup of coffee, this would be a perfect afternoon pick-me-up on a hot summer day. However, if you don’t care about the caffeine, you could probably get a similar experience at a cheaper price from a mint chip fast food milkshake.

White Chocolate Macadamia Cream Cold Brew

Moriah House

I am a huge white chocolate macadamia fan. Shoutout to Subway’s white chocolate macadamia cookies — IYKYK. So naturally, I was very excited to try this drink, and I was not disappointed. It features Starbucks signature cold brew sweetened with macadamia syrup, topped with white-chocolate macadamia cream cold foam, and finished with toasted cookie crumbles.

I thoroughly enjoyed the White Chocolate Macadamia Cream Cold Brew. It was perfectly sweet and silky, and the flavors were well-balanced. Macadamia is a very mild and delicate flavor, and it can get lost in strong coffee drinks. But TBH, Starbucks kind of nailed it with this one. I really loved the contrast of the sweet cold foam with the strong cold brew, and the delicious cookie crumbles were a perfect finishing touch, making the whole drink feel extra special.

When can I get the Starbucks White Chocolate Macadamia Cream Cold Brew and Chocolate Java Mint Frappuccino?

These delicious new drinks will be available in the U.S. starting on May 9th for a limited time, while supplies last. That means they will most likely be replaced with another limited time offering once the weather chills.

Starbucks seasonal flavor releases can sometimes feel repetitive and boring, but I’m honestly super excited about these new summer drinks. I was delighted to see macadamia on the menu, and I really hope Starbucks has some other drinks in the works incorporating this flavor, because the White Chocolate Macadamia Cream Cold Brew was incredible. The Chocolate Java Mint Frappuccino was super fun and refreshing and would be the perfect pool day beverage. These drinks have me looking forward to sunny days ahead, and I have a feeling my local Starbucks baristas will be seeing a lot more of me this summer.