I’ve never been to Chili’s Grill and Bar, and from the reactions I’ve gotten from those around me, that’s kind of weird. Applebee’s Grill and Bar and The Cheesecake Factory are my go-to, the former being my all-time favorite spot. However, I can’t say that I don’t feel major FOMO scrolling through TikTok and seeing the cheese pulls of Chili’s Fried Mozzarella and Triple Dipper mukbangs — it’s clear I’m missing out. So, of course, I had to try Chili’s and see for myself.

I went to my local Chili’s last Saturday, and it did not disappoint. The Chili’s located in Glendale, New York (aka the Atlas Mall) was packed with families enjoying lunch and celebrating birthdays. I did my due diligence and made a list of items that I wanted to try with Chicken Crispers, Fried Mozzarella, and the Molten Chocolate Cake at the top of my list. My server, Julie, was also a huge help and offered her favorites as well as made sure I tried the restaurant favorites. (Disclaimer: despite the iconic jingle, ribs were not eaten during this trip. I don’t eat ribs in public). Without further ado, this is everything I tried at Chili’s Grill and Bar as a first-timer. 

Appetizers

There were so many things I wanted to try, but I came for two things: mozzarella sticks and the Tripper Dipper. Julie recommended getting the Fried Mozzarella on the side to maximize the Triple Dipper. I also ordered the Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla.

Photo by Giselle Medina

Let’s get into the Fried Mozzarella and Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla first. The cheese was already oozing out of the super crispy breading and sizzling hot. I got a satisfying cheese pull and crunch when I bit into it. The Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesadilla had a crispy and flaky tortilla. The quesadilla includes chicken, shredded cheese, chile spices, bacon, and house-made ranch. It’s also served with pico de gallo, sour cream, and a side of ranch. It was super cheesy with a good chicken-to-bacon ratio.

Photo by Giselle Medina

To those raving about the Triple Dipper, I get it now. I customized my Triple Dipper to include the Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers, Big Mouth Bites, and Southwestern Egg Rolls. The Honey Chipotle Chicken Crispers were saucy and like the name suggests, crispy AF. The Big Mouth Bites were my favorite from the trio app. These sliders were savory and solidified that my entree was going to include burgers in some way. The shareable app came with four Southwestern Egg Rolls Crispy that features flakey tortillas filled with chicken, black beans, corn, jalapeño Jack cheese, red peppers, and spinach. I could have a plate of these and be happy. The egg rolls are so flavorful, and I didn’t really need to dip them in the avocado ranch dipping sauce. It’s the perfect dish to have with the Wish You Were Here Margarita — Lunazul Blanco Tequila, fresh sour, strawberry puree, Monin coconut, and Monin watermelon. A note to those who haven’t tried the $6 marg it’s absolutely delicious and tastes just like juice, in other words, it’s a dangerous drink.

Entrees

Photo by Giselle Medina

Last month, the Big Smasher Burger made its debut on Chili’s menus. The burger features Thousand Island sauce, pickles, diced red onion, lettuce, and American cheese on a hand-smashed burger. If that sounds familiar, it’s because sounds like McDonald’s Big Mac. When the Big Smasher made its way to my table, I was told it was a “dig at the Big Mac.” If I were to compare the two burgers, Chili’s is better (sorry McDonald’s!). The Big Smasher is a juicy patty that gives off the same energy as a classic burger that you’d find at your backyard party on a hot summer day. I was also given the tip to order as a “3 For Me,” which includes a bottomless non-alc drink and bottomless chips and salsa!

Photo by Giselle Medina

When I said, the Big Mouth Bites solidified burgers as an entree, I meant it. I also tried the Bacon Rancher Burger. This is a BIG burger featuring two beef patties, six slices of bacon, house-made ranch, American cheese, sauteed onions, and pickles. It was a meaty burger, but I prefer the Big Smasher over this one. Both burgers come with a side of fries, which are fried and seasoned to perfection.

Photo by Giselle Medina

I’m a huge pasta girl so, getting something cheesy was a must. Julie recommended the Ultimate Cajun Pasta which includes grilled chicken, shrimp, and penne in Alfredo sauce. It’s then topped with chile spices, Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, and green onions. This cajun chicken and shrimp paired nicely with the creamy and cheesy pasta. The pasta came with a side of garlic toast, that I couldn’t help but compare to the addictive Texas toast that you find on the frozen grocery aisle.

Dessert

Chocolate is my favorite food and despite all of these dishes I tried, a sweet treat was necessary. Now, I am biased, Applebee’s Triple Chocolate Meltdown is one of my favorite chocolate desserts so, I have high expectations for Chili’s Molten Chocolate Cake.

Photo by Giselle Medina

The chocolate cake has a molten chocolate center, topped with vanilla ice cream in a hardened chocolate shell with caramel drizzle. The Molten Chocolate Cake is delectable. The cake is light and airy and the molten center doesn’t overpower the cake but balances the dessert with the caramel sauce.

The consensus? Chili’s, I will be coming back.