Whenever I think of Chili’s, my mind is flooded with nostalgia, and my stomach is full of hunger. I remember walking into the restaurant as a kid with my family and smelling the scent of salty chips and salsa. The hostess would hand my sister and I each a box of wax crayons and a color-in menu filled with the Chili’s pepper pals characters. We would sit at a booth made of wood and colorful tiles, anxious to put in an order of the signature nachos. Now, while Chili’s has been serving families for years, the chain is best known (or should be) for the mouth-watering appetizers. From fried mozzarella and queso, to guacamole and wings, I know all the best apps at Chili’s (I have been going there for years). Personally, they all rank pretty high in my book based on flavor, shareability, and convenience. Does it serve enough for everyone at my table? Is it too soggy or oily? Is it too spicy? Will it fill me up too much that I won’t eat my actual meal? Based on this criteria, here is my ranking of Chili’s appetizers from my most to least ordered.

1. Nachos

Why wouldn’t Chili’s nachos be at the top of my list? With a perfectly salted chip covered in a mixture of Mexican cheese and topped with a single jalapeno slice, nothing else sounds more perfect. The cheese is perfectly gooey, the jalapeno adds spice that isn’t too overwhelming, and a definite plus is that the chips never break from the toppings. You get a solid bite every time. Order it to share with the table, or for yourself. Don’t worry I won’t judge.

2. Triple Dipper

Photo via Chili's

You’ve probably been seeing taste tests of this appetizer go viral from TikTok foodies. This dish combines the elements of freedom and flavor. You get to choose your own sauces and a variety of three appetizers, from Big Mouth Bites, Crispy Chicken Crispers, Southwestern Eggrolls and more. My favorite part about this appetizer is that you can even order it as a main dish, and you essentially get three meals in one. The Big Mouth Bites are the perfect mini burger, and the chipotle mayo adds both a hint of tang and sweetness mixed with the chopped up onions on top. The Chicken Crispers are never soggy and always have the perfect ratio of sauce so you never get a dry bite.

3. Chips & Salsa

Photo via Chili's

Another Chili’s classic. How could you ever go wrong with a basket of chips, and the signature salsa? Salty, savory and crunchy while you anxiously wait for your food. The salsa has an even amount of chunky tomatoes and vegetables mixed in which makes it the perfect in between consistency of slightly thick and thin. Hot Take: Chips dipped in Chili’s ranch are also amazing. But side note, this might not be something you order for takeout because the chips can get really soggy.

4. Fried Mozzarella

Photo via Chili's

This appetizer has slowly made its way up my list over the years, and it certainly does not disappoint. It's crispy, gooey and the cheese pull is to die for. It’s like the twin of the Crispy Fried Cheese at The Cheesecake Factory which I always look forward to. The crust is always crunchy and fried and it never feels too oily or greasy. Plus, the marinara on the side is not too watery and adds a hint of sweetness to every bite.

5. Southwestern Eggrolls

Photo via Chili's

My favorite part about this dish is definitely the jar of avocado ranch that comes on the side. It’s the perfect level of sweet and tangy to offset the spice from the eggrolls. It’s the perfect combination of tex-mex flavor to complement any food that may come next in your Chili’s adventure. Plus if you’re thinking of ordering these for takeout, just stick them in your air-fryer or oven and they come out even crispier than before.

6. Boneless Wings

Photo via Chili's

Personally, boneless wings are my favorite compared to bone-in, and with Chili’s you can never go wrong. Especially when they offer flavors like Honey Chipotle and Garlic Parmesan, how could you resist? My only critique on this appetizer is that the ratio of chicken to breading isn’t always the most consistent, and sometimes I feel like I am getting more breading in each bite I take. Here’s a tip: ask for extra ranch on the side too. You’ll need it.

7. White Skillet Queso

Photo via Chili's

You had me at queso. Alongside Chili’s chips, this appetizer may not be my most-ordered but it is definitely a favorite. Served warm and creamy, this queso has a lot of similarities to Tostitos and is definitely a perfect starter to the night. It’s not too rich for people who don’t like an extra cheesy flavor, and it’s the perfect level of thickness that you can get the perfect scoop for every chip you dip.

8. Texas Cheese Fries

Photo via Chili's

Loaded french fries, I have one word for you: amazing. Crispy potatoes piled high with a blend of shredded cheese, bacon, jalapenos, onion and ranch, my mouth is literally watering. It always comes perfectly even with the amount of toppings to french fries so every bite is a perfect balance, and it’s also the perfect shareable size for you and your table! The fries never get too soggy from the cheese and so they accompany a crunch that also comes from the onions and jalapeno. This appetizer serves the perfect combination of sweet and spicy barbecue flavors.

9. Skillet Queso

Photo via Chili's

Similar to the White Skillet Queso, this appetizer isn’t always my go-to, but it is highly rated in my book. Once I dip one chip in this queso, I can’t stop myself from going into that basket for more. My hand practically becomes a claw machine. But if I could change one thing, I would probably substitute the mixed in meat for another ingredient. It does get a bit chunky at times.

10. Fresh Guacamole

Photo via Chili's

Guacamole is always a signature dip no matter where you go. Chili’s makes batches daily and so freshness is guaranteed in every scoop you take. Alongside a cup of the salsa, who could ask for a better combination? This is definitely an appetizer for the dine-in option, otherwise your guacamole might get warm on the drive home from picking it up.

11. Dip Trio

Photo via Chili's

If you’re looking for the perfect round-up of Chili’s signature dips, then look no further than this appetizer. My personal picks include the white queso, house-made ranch (of course), and the fresh guacamole. Delicious. Alongside the signature chips, this is the perfect choice if you’re looking for something light to pick on before your food comes. With three different options at once you are always guaranteed a combo of spicy, savory and even some sweetness from their salsa.

12. Bone-In Wings

Photo via Chili's

To conclude my list, we have Chili’s bone-in wings. Personally, the spicier flavor options are the best. Of course, Chili’s has so many it can be hard to choose, but with the Honey Sriracha and Sweet Chili Zing you won’t be afraid to beat the heat. This appetizer is at the bottom of my list because with how much sauce is on these wings it can get a bit messy at times, so I’d rather stick to boneless most of the time.