Zucchini noodles — or zoodles — are one of the hottest and healthiest food trends as of late. Initially gaining popularity as an alternative to pasta, zoodles are actually so much more than that. They can be eaten raw or cooked, slathered in sauce or eaten plain, spiralized or sliced. The ways to eat this tiny green squash are practically endless (and easy too)! Don't believe me? Try these 7 zoodle recipes and see for yourself.

Pesto Zoodles

A classic zoodle recipe — one of my go-to's actually — this dish is loaded with with tons of healthy veggies and is ridiculously easy to make.

Zoodles and Meatballs

salad, vegetable
Emma Lally

A healthier alternative to traditional spaghetti and meatballs, this is the perfect recipe for anyone looking to cut carbs but still have their Lady and the Tramp moment

Zoodle Pad Thai

While this dish probably wouldn't cut it in Thailand, it's still delicious and a great way to experiment in the kitchen. Consider adding tofu or chicken if you want a more filling meal.

Beef Ragu with Zoodles

Spanish Ragu with Roast Almonds & Zucchini Noodles-2

jules:stonesoup on Flickr

This rich, Italian-inspired sauce is surprisingly easy to make and is a great way to start your zoodle journey.

Lobster Scampi with Zucchini Noodles

This is the zoodle dish to whip out if you're hoping to impress a crowd (or yourself). The freshness of the zucchini goes wonderfully with the tartness of the lemon juice, making this recipe a total knockout.

Sesame Shrimp and Zoodles

Talia Moretti

This flavorful recipe has an Asian kick to it with the addition of sesame oil, soy sauce and chili making it the perfect substitute for other stir fried noodle dishes.

Zucchini Noodle Ramen Soup

Everyone loves ramen, whether it's from a fancy restaurant or if you bought it for $1 at the grocery store. This vegetarian version (vegan if you don't add the egg) has all the richness of traditional ramen but with the health benefits of zucchini noodles.