It's that time of year ... bulking season! The winter season is the time to overload on carbs and sweets for the #gainz, right? Jokes. 'Tis the season for songs and Santa, gatherings and gifts, and cookies and cakes. This holiday season, serve Santa this vegan cookie cake. He won't realize it contains over 21 grams of protein, so he can still get those muscle gains while climbing the chimney. 

Vegan Cookie Cake

• 1 can chickpeas
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup peanut butter or PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter for less fat
  • 4 tablespoons almond milk
  • 5 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
  • 3 tablespoons oats
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 handful chocolate chips
Karina Arnold

Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Spray a pie dish or round cooking pan with non-stick spray. Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas and dry them on a paper towel.

vegetable, cereal, legume, meat, pea, chickpeas, garbanzo, corn
    Christin Urso

Combine all the ingredients (besides chocolate chips) in a blender and mix until smooth.

dairy product, cream, ice, ice cream, milk, batter, dough, chocolate, peanut butter
    Marisa Palace

Fold the chocolate chips into the batter. After the chocolate chips are evenly distributed, pour batter into the baking dish and place in oven. Bake for 40 minutes.

sweet, candy, chocolate, chips, chocolate chips, cocoa
    Caroline Ingalls

After 40 minutes, insert a toothpick into the center and remove. If there are a few moist crumbs on the toothpick, your cake is done! Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with whipped coconut cream, ice cream or hot chocolate and enjoy!

Karina Arnold