"Where do you get your protein?" is the most common question vegans and vegetarians get asked. WebMD suggests that adult men receive 56 grams of protein daily while adult women 46 grams.

While beans, legumes, and whole grains pack in a bunch of protein,  vegetables can as well.

And what better way to get those plant-based amino acids than a hearty veggie burger? Here are my top ten favorites

10. Black Bean & Quinoa Veggie Burger

Compiled by The Foodie Physician, an Emergency Medicine physician, as well as a chef, this burger utilizes black beans and quinoa for 13 grams of protein. Instead of the greek yogurt sauce, make this vegan yogurt sauce instead. 

9. Lauren Toyota's Veggie Burger

Constructed using black beans, vital wheat gluten, and garden meat crumbles, this recipe has a whole 11.5 grams of protein per burger. Basted with BBQ sauce, these burgers will have you salivating instantly.

8. Lentil & Mushroom Veggie Burger

With mushrooms bringing in great umami flavor, these high protein patties are held together with oats and flaxseeds. Green lentils provide a substantial amount of protein, while nine spices/herbs bring in flavors from around the world. These large patties clock in at 29 grams of protein per serving.

7. Peanut Carrot White Bean Burger

With peanut, white beans, and asian seasonings, this awesome burger tastes sweet and sour. The protein intake here is 22 grams per serving.

6. Lentil Walnut Burger

Forged by Vegan Richa, this high-protein burger is held together by a flax egg and breadcrumbs. This Indian-spiced burger is packed with brown rice, lentils, and walnuts to make its protein content 16 grams—making them a great plant-based alternative.

5. Lentil Curry Burger

With all of the anti-inflammatory effects of Indian spices and the protein from red lentils, this burger can literally save lives. A serving of this Indian-spiced burger provides a spicy amount of 18 grams of protein.

4. Grillable Veggie Burgers

By Minimalist Baker, these burgers are not only packed with protein, but can be grilled as well! With black beans, brown rice, BBQ sauce and more, each patty logs a whopping 14 grams of protein. This burger is a vegan's barbecue dream.

3. Buffalo Chickpea Sweet Potato Burgers

This magical veggie wonder was created by Veggie Beast Blog, (real name: Katie), who's been a vegetarian since the age of 3 years. With chickpeas and chickpea flour to thicken the burger, this baby comes out with a whopping 11 grams of protein.

2. Vegan Chick-Fil-A Deluxe Sandwich

Not only does this seitan sandwich taste like fried chicken, but it also packs about 18 grams of protein. Looks like vegan comfort food is real after all.

1. Beyond Burger 

Found at various supermarkets, such as Whole Foods, Wegmans, and TGI Fridays, this meaty burger packs a protein punch of 20 grams of protein. Its ingredients allow it to resemble a real beef burger with the most accuracy.

BONUS: Impossible Burger

The Impossible Burger resembles the taste, texture, and look as those of an actual meat patty. Composed of ingenious ingredients, this patty is a great source of heme-sourced iron, Vitamin B12, and 20 grams of protein per patty.

Protein can come from many plant-based sources, and it just so happens that a high quality veggie burger is a fantastic muscle-building food. With foods like the Beyond Burger and the Lentil Walnut Burger, vegans will never be short on protein.