How many times have you come back home thinking that you  had a heat stroke and will most definitely faint this summer? Does the thought of the oppressive heat and nothing to counter it scare you as much as it scares me? So folks, don't settle for water, or the usual simple lemonade to quench your thirst, try doing what I did- switch to fruit smoothies! They happen to be filling, delicious, cool and mind you; healthy.

cream, herb, smoothie, cocktail, sweet, mint, ice, juice
Harper Garfinkle

Here are some of the very simple Smoothie recipes that you should try at home.

1. Banana Ginger Fruit Smoothie

peanut, vegetable
Bhavya Sahay
sweet, vegetable, banana
Karan Kapoor

Soothe digestion, heartburn, nausea, and other stomach troubles with the fresh ginger in this natural remedy smoothie recipe.

1 sliced banana, vanilla yogurt, honey and freshly grated ginger is all you'll need. Blend all of them together till smooth. Throw in some ice cubes into the blender to make is uber cool.

2. Orange Dream Creamsicle Fruit Smoothie

juice, citrus, vegetable, pasture
Bhavya Sahay

Need to cool down after a tough workout or a hot day at the college? Lap up this low-cal, citrus-infused healthy smoothie recipe.

1 orange, peeled, fat-free yogurt, frozen orange juice concentrate, vanilla extract and ice cubes is all you need! Combine these and blend till smooth.

3. Green Tea, Blueberry, and Banana Fruit Smoothie

green tea, tea
Anirudh Krishnan

Antioxidant-rich green tea makes this healthy smoothie a nutritional powerhouse.

Microwave water on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add a green tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves. Combine berries, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability. Add tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth (Some blenders may require additional water to process the mixture). Pour smoothie into tall glass and enjoy!

4. Very Berry Breakfast

milk, yogurt
Halle Davis

Start your day off with a bang with this fruit-packed smoothie recipe.

Combine frozen raspberries, chilled almond milk, honey, freshly grated ginger, and lemon juice and blend till smooth. Add loads of ice and you're good to go!

5. Pineapple Passion

pineapple
Katherine Luo

Even though you can throw in whatever fruits you wish to into the blender for this one, pineapple happens to be the prime ingredient. Use lots of diced pineapples, a little bit of mango, a banana, some ice cream and milk, ice cubes, and if you want to get creative, some almonds and cashews! Blend all of them together and enjoy your amazingly royal fruit smoothie.   

6. Tropical Papaya Perfection

coconut, apple, water
Celeste Ferre

Thick like a milkshake, this coconut-infused smoothie recipe transports you to a tropical island.

Combine some papaya, yogurt, pineapple, ice cubes, coconut extract, and flaxseed. Process for about 30 seconds, or until smooth and frosty. Serve immediately and get a free ticket to the tropical heavens!

7. Frozen Paradise

Fruit, red berry, red fruit, sweet, berry, strawberry
Amelia Hitchens

All you'll need is one frozen bananas (peeled and sliced), frozen strawberries, one cup milk, vanilla yogurt, fresh orange juice and honey.

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth. Pour into glasses and enjoy chilled.

8. Pomegranate Berry Smoothie

sweet, pomegranate, berry, juice
Dina Zaret

Take one cup of chilled pomegranate, vanilla yogurt and mixed berries and blend till smooth. This is the perfect valentine delight on every day on the calendar.

9. Superfruit Smoothie

pasture, sweet cherry, juice, sweet, berry, cherry

One sip and you'll be feeling like superman all day.

Combine frozen cherries, kiwi, almond milk and chia seeds and blend on high until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with chopped kiwi.

10. Razzle-Dazzle Smoothie

vegetable, sweet
Kartik Sharma

Combine frozen rasperries, frozen mangoes, pineapple (chopped) and coconut milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with raspberries and pineapple.

These were some of the yummy and easily available recipes for absolutely delicious smoothies. It's time to make the blender your best friend and keep that relationship going!