My favorite part of autumn is the abundance of fresh produce and seasonal ingredients. During the months of August to November, sweet corn, mushrooms and big, bright zucchinis become plentiful—and cheap. This dish is a great way to incorporate more veggies into your diet while still making a hearty meal that tastes oh so good. This savory pie is a take on a classic frittata and combines all the great flavors of fall while  remaining low carb and keto-friendly.

The beauty of a frittata is that any combination of meats and veggies will taste great. Try making one with cheddar cheese, roasted broccoli, and diced ham, or one made with fresh heirloom tomatoes and basil. Feel free to throw in any vegetables you have in your fridge or omit things to your liking. Regardless, it will taste amazing.

#SpoonTip: Pair this sweet corn and zucchini frittata with this baked chicken recipe for a heartier meal or celebrate with these holiday-inspired drinks for the perfect fall treat. 

Low-Carb Sweet Corn + Zucchini Frittata

• 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 onion diced
  • 4 oz thinly sliced mushrooms
  • 4 oz thinly sliced zucchini rounds
  • 1 heaping cup sweet white corn kernels
  • 6 oz Gruyere and Swiss or any other meltable cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper to taste
Holly Park

Preheat oven to 380 degree Fahrenheit. In a pan over medium heat, sauté onions in butter until translucent in color, about 3-5 minutes.

Holly Park

Once onions are cooked, add mushrooms and sauté until plump and brown for 3 minutes. Next, add zucchini rounds and cook, about 3-5 minutes until soft and bright green in color. It is okay if vegetables are not cooked all the way through, as they will continue cooking in the oven. At the very last minute, add sweet corn kernels to the pan and heat through.

Holly Park

In a large mixing bowl, combine sautéed mushrooms, zucchini, and sweet corn, with cheese, eggs, and seasoning. Mix well, making sure eggs, filling, and cheese are evenly distributed and combined well.

Holly Park

Line a round baking dish with parchment paper. Pour filling into dish and top with more cheese. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until top is bubbly and brown. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 4 days.

Holly Park

Enjoy this sweet corn and zucchini frittata during the week as a healthy and nutritious meal prep idea, or serve it as a side dish at your family's Thanksgiving dinner. I love making big batches of this corn and zucchini pie, adding in buttered sage leaves and diced butternut squash when they are on sale at the grocery store for a fuller, more fall festive pie. The frittata holds up well in the freezer and reheats quickly in the oven. The possibilities and combinations of frittatas are endless and how you make them is truly based on preference. Regardless of how you make and serve it, you and your guests will fall in love with this fall inspired savory sweet corn and zucchini pie.