Breakfast sandwiches are the perfect morning meal. Instead of having 2 eggs with bacon and toast on the side, why not just put them all together? This all-in-one ultimate breakfast sandwich can be customized in so many different ways, which is why I wanted to share my personal favorite way of making a delicious, easy breakfast sandwich with you. As I was experimenting with different flavors in the kitchen one day, I came across this delicious way to incorporate avocado into my sandwich. I am not the biggest fan of avocado on its own, so I always look for ways to eat it with other food items that I like. If you don't really enjoy avocados either, I still recommend you to try this recipe. It takes a plain old avocado to a whole new level, which in turn takes this easy breakfast sandwich to a new level, too. So, let's get into it!

Easy Breakfast Sandwich with Avocado Spread

• 1/2 avocado
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice
  • 3 tablespoons sour cream
  • Garlic powder
  • Lemon pepper
  • Salt
  • 1 tablespoon butter or oil for cooking the egg
  • 1 egg
  • Pinch salt and pepper
  • 1 slice cheese your choice
  • 1 burger bun
  • 1 Smok-y Breakfast Sausage or your choice breakfast meat
  • Chipotle aioli optional
Rachel Roche

Mash half of the avocado in a small bowl with a fork. (You can make it chunky or smooth depending on your liking.)

Rachel Roche

Add the lime juice and sour cream to the bowl with the avocado and stir together until combined.

Rachel Roche

Add the spices (garlic powder, lemon pepper, and salt) to the mixture in the quantity that fits your liking.

Rachel Roche

Heat up butter or oil in a pan on medium-high heat.

Rachel Roche

Crack an egg into the pan, sprinkle salt and pepper on top, and break the yolk (if you don't want it to be as runny).

Rachel Roche

Flip the egg after 1-2 minutes and sprinkle more salt and pepper on the other side of the egg.

Rachel Roche

Once the egg is cooked, transfer it to a plate, and put the cheese on top of it.

Rachel Roche

Put the burger bun in the pan the egg was in, and press down gently so all parts of the bun are touching the pan. After 2-3 minutes, take the bun out of the pan and set aside.

Rachel Roche

Cut the sausage in half and set both sides in the same pan, cooking it for about 2-3 minutes on each side.

Rachel Roche

To assemble the sandwich, place the egg and cheese on the toasted bun, and then add the sausage on top. Spread the avocado mixture on the top bun and sprinkle some more lemon pepper on top. Add chipotle aioli to your sandwich if you'd like.

Rachel Roche

Whether you're in a rush before work or class or just looking for a delicious all-in-one breakfast, this recipe is perfect for you. So many ingredients can be swapped in and out of this recipe in order to make it as delicious as possible. It can be made into a vegetarian breakfast by removing the meat, or bacon-lovers can even swap out the sausage for bacon. Breakfast sandwiches are completely customizable, so I hope you now feel inspired to either make one that has everything that you love on it or try my favorite recipe!