There's something so rewarding about opting to make a tasty hot breakfast, rather than sluggishly throwing milk and cereal into a bowl. Not only is it more satisfying to eat, but it makes you feel fuller and ready to tackle your day. As a vegetarian, I know how important it is to get your protein intake with every meal, which is why I have perfected the vegetarian breakfast sandwich through trial, error, and my mom's sage advice.

The Best Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwich

• Prep Time:0

• 1 English Muffin — I use whole wheat
  • 1 Egg
  • 1/2 an Avocado
  • 1 tsp. Olive Oil
  • 1 tbs. Crumbled Feta
  • 1 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
  • 1 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Pepper
  • Cooking Spray
Beka Barski

Split the english muffin into two halves (most english muffins come pre-split, but if your brand missed that memo then you'll have to break out that bread knife). Stick both halves in the toaster.

Beka Barski

Spray your skillet with cooking spray (or drizzle some olive oil on there — your call), and set the burner to low-medium heat.

Beka Barski

Crack that egg in there my friend.

Beka Barski

While your english muffin is toasting and your egg is cooking, take your avocado and cut it in half. Then, slice one half vertically so that you get long strips of avocado. Set aside.

Beka Barski

Remove your english muffin from the toaster when it is golden brown. Scoop the avocado evenly onto both halves of the english muffin, and then mash it so that it becomes more like an avocado spread.

Beka Barski

Take a little moment to check on your egg, and flip it if its underside is getting brown! Then, sprinkle your salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper on top of the avocado on both halves. Then, drizzle a little olive oil on top (to be honest I don't really know what this does, but trust me when I say that it tastes better with the olive oil).

Beka Barski

Remove your egg from the skillet, and slide it onto one half of your sandwich. Sprinkle some feta on top of the egg or the other english muffin half.

Beka Barski

Complete your sandwich by placing the other half on top of the half with the egg, and voila! Yummy egg sandwiches for days.

Beka Barski