Affogato is a classic dessert commonly seen on many dessert menus at Italian restaurants. What you may not know is that it's very easy to make this dessert at home. All it takes is a few ingredients, and you get the same taste as any over-priced dessert from a restaurant. Besides, what could be better than ice cream and coffee? Use this recipe to make your own delicious affogato at home in about five minutes.

Affogato

• Cook Time:0

• 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
  • 3 tablespoons espresso or very strong coffee
  • chocolate shavings optional
beer, coffee
Hana Baig

Add one scoop of vanilla ice cream to a small glass or bowl. Make sure to use the ice cream straight out of the freezer.

milk, cream, yogurt, dairy product, dairy, sweet
    Hana Baig

Make sure the espresso is still hot, but not boiling hot, and then pour it over the ice cream.

tea, milk, coffee, espresso
    Hana Baig

Sprinkle some chocolate shavings on top and serve.

chocolate, milk, coffee, cream
    Hana Baig

It's that simple to recreate this Italian favourite. You can even get creative with it and try out different ice cream flavours and types of coffee until you find the perfect combination. If you're looking to get really adventurous, you can even try out different hot beverages with it such as tea, matcha or even hot chocolate.

No matter what combinations you like to use, you are guaranteed to end up with a delicious affogato dessert you can enjoy any day of the week.