The weather is hitting skyrocketing numbers this summer, so that means we're all in need of something freshing to get through these hot and miserable days. So, you know what that means. It's ice pop time!  

Now, what kind of pops are we talking about here? Oh, the usual; fruits, herbs, and vegetables. Yes, you read correctly. We're including herbs and veggies in these popsicles, but don't worry, it's only a couple. So don't get freaked out or get skeptical about trying these amazing recipes. If someone would have given you one of these popsicles blindly, you wouldn't even notice there are vegetables inside them. These are the ice pops that will keep you cool all summer long. 

If you're looking for even more ways to make delicious ice pops that's not only for dessert, but for breakfast as well, check out this genius video Emma Spoldi put together. 

Beet & Strawberry Pops

• Cook Time:1 hr 30 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 38 mins

• 1 Beet
  • 3 Strawberries
  • 3 Tbsp Simple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • Blender
Sasha Padilla

First step, peel and chop up your beet. You can use a peeler or carefully use a knife to slice off the outter skin of the beet. To make it easier on your blender, chop up your beet into cubes for an easy blend.

Optional: If you want your beets even sweeter and softened up, you can wrap the beet in tinfoil and pop into the oven for about 35 minutes to roast. Roasted or unrosted is both fine and just as tasty.

Sasha Padilla

Take your strawberries, cleanse them under cool water, and chop off the steams.

Tip: A special trick I learned from Snapguide is to remove a strawberry steam with a straw. It's easier and even more effective than cutting it off with a knife and throwing some of the good parts of the berry away.

Sasha Padilla

Toss in your berries and beet into the blender and pour in three tbsp of simple syrup.

Sasha Padilla

Pour some honey on it! Not a ton though, only one tbsp.

Sasha Padilla

Blend it up! Once you've blended everything, pour it into your popsicle molds and let it chill for a little over an hour and half to two hours just to make sure they're solid enough to eat.

Sasha Padilla

Kiwi & Rasberry Pops

• Cook Time:1 hr 30 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 35 mins

• 2 Kiwis
  • 1/2 Cup Rasberries
  • 1-2 Leaves mint
  • 3 Tbsp simple syrup
  • Blender
Sasha Padilla

Wash, peal, and chop your kiwi into half. Easy way to unpeel your kiwi is to cut the kiwi in half, grab a spoon, and run along the edges until you've scooped out the fruit from the skin.

Sasha Padilla

Next, wash your rasberries under cool water and plop them into your blender along with your kiwis.

Sasha Padilla

Rinse your mint under water and chop it up using your hands or carefully usuing a knife and add it into your blender.

Sasha Padilla

Add your three tbsp of simple syrup and blend, blend, blend until everything is smoothed.

Pour everything into you ice pop molds and leave in the freezer for about an hour and a half to two hours until hardned.

Sasha Padilla

Lemon & Kiwi Pops

• Cook Time:1 hr 30 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 35 mins

• 2 Kiwis
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 1-2 Mint leaves
  • 3 Tbsp Simple syrup
  • Blender
Sasha Padilla

First step, wash and cup up your kiwi. Peel the kiwi with a spoon or a knife and plop those babies into the blender.

Sasha Padilla

Wash your lemon and squeeze only half into the blender.

Sasha Padilla

Taking your mint leaves, wash under water, chop it up using a knife or your fingers, and add it into your blender.

Sasha Padilla

Add your three tbsp of simple syrup and tbsp of honey and blend until completely smooth. Pour the finished result into your ice pop molds, freeze for about an hour and a half to two hours, and enjoy!

Sasha Padilla