The past year has been filled with new and exciting wellness trends. Our personal favorite? Fruit shrubs. Following a year filled with hype surrounding the benefits of drinking a daily shot of apple cider vinegar, it's no surprise to see fruit shrubs popularity emerging. The idea to toss back #shots of apple cider vinegar (ACV) flooded social media last year. Similar to coconut oil, millennials were certain that utilizing the product was the answer to any problem:

Seriously, you can use it for anything. Drinking Vinegars are packed with antioxidants and have immense health benefits. Dr. Oz is talking about it, so you know its legit. Some of these benefits include weight loss support, balancing pH, and whitening teeth.

Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting apple cider. Alike to kombucha, the fermentation process allows probiotics and enzymes to form which benefit your health. The main component in ACV, acetic acid, has proven to reduce blood pressure and improve heart health. Seriously, you can use it for anything.  Dr. Oz is talking about it, so you know its legit. Additional benefits include weight loss support, improved complexion, and whitening teeth. However, that doesn't even scratch the surface of benefits offered by drinking ACV.

Lucky for us, the apple cider vinegar trend has evolved this 2018.

Adapted from a historical tradition, we have seen an emergence of fruit shrubs in the wellness industry. Shrubs were one of America's first beverages, popular in the 18th and 19th century due to its ability to maintain freshness without refrigeration. What is a fruit shrub, exactly? A fruit shrub is a vinegar-based beverage infused with fruit and herbs. Shrubs mix well with spirits, soda, and carbonated water. They’re simple to make at home with tons of opportunity for adaptation and creativity.

If you’re not super interested in making your own, no worries, we understand the bottled stuff is always better. There has been a surge of several bottled shrubs on the market available at your local grocer and online. However, our favorite is local Oregon brand, Lola’s Fruit Shrubs.

Lola's is bottled fresh in Eugene, Oregon, utilizing seasonal fruits for their unique flavor combinations. The owner, Molly Rogers, adapted her product from a family recipe. Lola's offers four flavors – Elderberry Hibiscus, Tomato & Coriander, Fennel & Lemon, and Straight Lime. Each shrub is perfect for cocktail mixing (#margaritas), an extra burst of health in your La Croix, or a twist on your dinner plans. Lola's is great mixed with olive oil and herbs for a fabulous easy vinaigrette. Similarly, it's a delightful marinade for fajitas! Grab yourself a liter-sized bottle of Fennel & Lemon for your next taco Tuesday!

Fruit shrubs are great for your health and well-being, perfect for every occasion, any recipe, and you don't even need to refrigerate it! 

Stay woke - keep a bottle of this stuff right next to your turmeric and adaptogens to stay on-trend with all of your favorite foodies, you won’t regret it.