Apple cider, aka the forgotten and most underrated fall flavor (yes, I’m looking at you pumpkin spice). Everything that is apple cider flavored is just better. Whether its apple cider itself, apple cider donuts, beer, or bacon - it’s just flat-out irresistible. But apple cider vinegar? It seems like this elixir is a universal problem solver. It takes the phrase “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” to new levels.

The apple cider vinegar uses and possibilities are endless. This might be the answer to all your problems (well almost all of them, your family constantly asking if you’re still single is a lost cause), and here's why:

All-Natural Electrolyte

Electrolytes are what our bodies need in order to send nerve impulses, create muscle contractions, maintain blood volume, and keep pH balances at equilibrium. When you sweat, these are what you need to replenish your body.

Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 8 ounces of water and just like that - your body will feel hydrated once again. Drunk alter ego get the best of you? This natural electrolyte will have you bouncing back from the L you took last night. And it doubles up as a hangover remedy. Never let a hangover define you.

Salad Dressing

vegetable, salad
Jenny Georgieva

Dress to impress, am I right? The major key to success for enjoying your salad is all in the dressing. Adding apple cider vinegar on top of your salad is a simple way to make eating greens just a little more bearable.

Summer is right around the corner, so you may be starting to swap those bowls of pasta for big bowls of salad. Big exam coming up? You know what they say, dress well, test well. Salad season coming up? I say dress right, eat right.

Facial Toner

We all gotta #treatourselves from time to time. But does our bank account agree? Typically, no, but in this case, treating yourself doesn't have to break the bank. Apple cider vinegar is a cheap alternative to a facial toner that is guaranteed to be all-natural.

All you have to do is add 1 part apple cider vinegar to 2 parts water. Not only is this elixir great for acne, but it’s also great for preventing aging.

Hair Rinse

Sometimes we all need a little detox, but let’s not forget that our hair needs it, too. Homemade apple cider vinegar hair solution will help to remove product build up, grease, and maybe even some life regrets if you rinse hard enough.

Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water and just like that, your hair is detoxed. Your hair will feel as refreshed as you do after a few days on the beach, a couple of drinks, and a slight tan.

Appetite Suppressor

We all have to apologize for the things we say when we’re hungry. Hanger is a real condition that should not be ignored (don’t @ me). The best way to suppress the hanger is with a shot of apple cider vinegar.

Contrary to popular belief, these shots will actually make you feel better after taking them. Sure, it might go down just as hard as a shot of tequila, (Te-KILL-ya) but you’ll feel a little less hungry. Not time for dinner quite yet? Shots shot shots…

Apple cider vinegar is basically the answer to all of life’s problems. Hair feeling dull? Apple cider vinegar. Dehydrated? Apple cider vinegar. Skin breaking out? Apple cider vinegar? Don’t know the answers to your calc homework? Apple cider vinegar. Okay, so maybe not ALL of life’s problems but taking a shot won’t hurt, right?