Many of us know what it’s like to wake up Saturday morning and instantly be reminded of the low quality alcohol you drank the previous high quality Friday night. Knowing you need to be dressed and drunk again in T-minus 2 hours, you need a cure for this hangover ASAP.

We asked seven people to try the most talked about hangover cures after a night out and did our own version of Mythbusters. Here are the results:

Banana

hangover cures

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Why it’s supposed to work:

Filled with tons of potassium and electrolytes, bananas are said to be easy on the stomach and help restore nutrients to your body post-drinking binge.

Reactions:

“Unfortunately I had to sit through a presentation and it actually helped me stay awake.” — Sarah

“Yeah, surprisingly it helped, probably because of the potassium.” — Kaira

“I guess if I’m trying to keep my bod A1 a banana does good, but I’d still rather have greasy food.” — Madeline

Coconut Water

hangover cures

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Why it’s supposed to work:

Containing more potassium than a banana, coconut water is supposedly very refreshing for a hangover.

Reactions:

“Tasted like ass and didn’t help at all, would rather have stayed in bed and suffered.” — Catherine

“Coconut water is a disgusting, I literally refuse to try this unless my head is in the toilet.” — Jessie

“I actually love it, I think it might have helped?” — Lissy

Pedialyte

hangover cures

Photo by Catherine Lo

Why it’s supposed to work:

After a night of drinking and the possible chance you threw up, Pedialyte is known to ease your stomach helping to restore potassium, electrolytes, zinc and magnesium. Yes, it’s for babies, but give it a shot.

Reactions:

“As embarrassing as it is to walk into the newborn section of Walmart, drinking Pedialyte made my head stop pounding and I felt so much more hydrated. Thank God for electrolytes.” — Madeline

“This is nothing new to me. It actually works, I used to drink that in high school.” — Brit

“It’s actually not that bad, it got me out of bed and I made it to my 1pm class.” — Jessie

Pickle Juice

hangover cures

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Why it’s supposed to work:

It is said that just 1/4 a cup contains enough salt and vinegar to restore electrolytes back to a normal balance.

Reactions:

“That is foul.” — Jessie

“I forced it down and it didn’t do anything. Never again.” — Catherine

“Not worth it.” — Alex

“I actually like it, it kinda gives me energy.” — Sarah

Orange Juice

hangover cures

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Why it’s supposed to work:

One glass of OJ has a ton of Vitamin C, which is supposed to make you feel better and give your immune system a boost.

Reactions:

“Actually helps, refreshing.” — Madeline

“I don’t know if this is doing anything but I love orange juice so whatever.” — Catherine

“It gave me more energy.” — Sarah

Greasy Food

hangover cures

Photo by Molly Barreca

Why it’s supposed to work:

If you’re trying to rally to start drinking again, greasy food is said to line the stomach and help absorb alcohol better.

Reactions:

“The greasier, the better.” — Annie

“Eggs and grilled cheese are the best, no questions asked.” — Catherine

“No shame in going to the dining hall and ordering 7 servings of potatoes. Really starts the day off right.” — Madeline

Avocado

hangover cures

Photo by Jenny McGregor

Why it’s supposed to work:

Avocados are filled with protein and are known to be easy on the stomach.

Reactions:

“I feel a little better but definitely need more food in my stomach, this is too healthy.” — Lissy

“Eh, didn’t really help.” — Madeline

“Okay, the last thing I want to eat is an avocado when I’m hungover.” — Jessie

So, next time you’re having a rough morning, consider trying some of these hangover cures. You never know, Pedialyte really might be what you’ve needed all along.