When people ask me what my favorite food is, I have a definitive answer. Some people respond with answers like "sushi", "Thai food" or "pizza". While I have absolutely nothing against any of those foods, I always go back to my roots and choose peanut butter

Growing up with peanut slathered between two slices of potato bread, I will always have a special space in my heart for it. Anytime I see something remotely related to peanut butter, I am instantly drawn to it. Whether it is satay chicken or peanut butter lava cake, I have to have it. I don't discriminate against any forms of PB.

While these more "adult" forms of peanut butter are great, sometimes I look back at my childhood and crave something more simple. This recipe, an improved version of a classic rice krispies treat, brings back memories of my brown-paper bag lunches. Only this time, I combine the flavors of my favorite sandwich with the concept one of my go-to snacks.

For anyone who has made a classic Rice Krispies Treat, you'd know they are super simple to make. The hardest part of the process is trying not to eat all of the warm rice krispies treats before they're set. With a few more ingredients than the typical three (Rice Krispies, marshmallows, and butter), you've got yourself the ultimate sweet and salty dessert. These bars are perfect for any occasion.

Ultimate Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Crispy Treat

• 6 cups puffed rice cereal
  • 20 chocolate sandwich cookies crushed
  • 10 cups marshmallows
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • For the topping:
  • 3 ounces peanut butter flavored candies
  • 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 2 teaspoons coconut oil
Marisa Palace

Melt butter in a large pot. Once melted, add the peanut butter and only 8 cups of the marshmallows. Stir until smooth.

Marisa Palace

Add the rice cereal and crushed Oreos. Add a pinch of salt, and thoroughly combine. Add in 2 cups of marshmallows, and transfer into a greased 9x9 dish.

#SpoonTip: Adding a pinch of salt to desserts will help to balance out the sweetness.

Marisa Palace

Top with peanut butter candies (Reese's pieces are the best). Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil in 30-second intervals until liquified. Drizzle on top. Let it set for half of an hour and then cut and serve.

Marisa Palace

This recipe is so simple and would be great to bake with your friends or family. The ingredients might already be in your pantry! 

The Peanut Butter Lover Rice Krispies Treat is a childhood classic that's been taken to the next level. It is super chewy from the extra marshmallows, and Reese's Pieces add the perfect crunch. This recipe is beginner-friendly and sure to please everyone in sight. Ingredients can be swapped in or out to adjust it to your liking.

So for all the people who need a nostalgic childhood snack, start cooking and you'll have one in no time.