As with the rest of my borderline Milennial-GenZ peers, the food I ate during my childhood was loaded with sugar, preservatives, and artificial flavors and coloring. I'm pretty sure kale didn't even exist yet. I can only hope that children nowadays aren't consuming this kind of junk anymore, but it never hurts to reminisce about the days when you could eat whatever you wanted and gain nothing more than a sugar high. Here are 10 throwback foods that I guarantee will make you feel nostalgic. 

1. Fruit by the Foot

Fruit snacks like these were probably my favorite sugary snack. Fruit by the Foots are three feet of delicious sugary bliss. Even just unraveling these rainbow snacks was so much fun.

2. Gogurt

What could be better than sugary yogurt that you squeeze out of a plastic tube? Absolutely nothing. Gogurt was both fun to eat and delicious. It is also apparently nutritious, according to Gogurt's website.

3. Gushers

Gushers are just like regular fruit snacks, but even better — they have fruit juice inside. Gushers are hexagonal bipyramids of pure sugar. If your mouth isn't watering looking at those Gusher tacos, you are probably lying. 

4. Lunchables

dairy product
Denise Chow

Ah, the classic kid lunch meal. While these may look unappetizing to you now, there is no doubt that they were the best damn lunch around in elementary school. From pizza to mini sandwiches, Lunchables never let kids down.

5. Trix Yogurt

Yoplait Trix Yogurt was definitely a favorite due to its swirly rainbow colors. The adorable rabbit on the cover and cheesy commericals claiming "Silly Rabbit, Trix are for kids!" was the icing on the cake.

6. Danimals Yogurt and Smoothies

I'm not sure why yogurt in weird containers was such a commodity when I was younger, but I'm not complaining. Danimals smoothies taste delicious to this day. They now have smoothies, squeezable low fat yogurt, and nonfat yogurt.

7. Capri Sun

ice
Christal Acosido

Name a better go-to summer drink. I'll wait. Capri Sun will always be the best childhood drink. It was all fun and games until you realized your Capri Sun didn't have a straw.

8. Circus Animal Cookies

Circus Animal Cookies were no doubt the greatest childhood cookie to ever exist. I truly hope kids are still eating them and putting them on ice cream. I wouldn't mind eating these rainbow cuties for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  

9. Hubba Bubba Bubble Tape

A never-ending tape of gum that has flavor for about one minute. Bubble tape was the only gum I knew existed. The flavor was good while it lasted, but I definitely wouldn't invest in it as a 19-year-old now.

10. Fun Dip

Fun Dip's name is very suiting, considering the amount of fun it brought me and my friends as a kid. I guarantee I would still enjoy eating Fun Dip today. Although the actual flavors are subpar, there was just nothing better than turning your tongue different colors. 

If these snacks made you nostalgic like they did for me, I definitely recommend going to get a pack of your favorite childhood snack just for old times sake.