In the summer, there's nothing better than a fresh fruit smoothie. For me, it's SO HARD to get my smoothie to taste like my favorites from Smoothie King or the local Fruit Store in my town. I would follow all the elaborate ingredients from a recipe online, but my smoothie would never turn out the way I envisioned. This summer, I was determined to find the easiest way to make the best homemade summer smoothies- and I think I've figured it out! All you need is a blender, a few ingredients, and obviously a cute mason jar that you can use to pile your delicious and thick smoothie in to sip on and enjoy!! Below I've listed recipes for some of my favorite smoothies that you can make alllllllllll summer long.

Strawberry Smoothie

Anna Keefe

What you'll need:

- 1/2 bag of frozen strawberries

- 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt 

- as much coconut water as you want

With only three ingredients, this smoothie is so easy!! The balance of the coconut water and yogurt makes for a creamy yet refreshing taste. I love using Siggi's Greek yogurt because the taste is a little tangier than other Greek yogurts I've tried- plus the calorie count is low and there are tons of flavors!

Tropical Smoothie

What you'll need:

- 1/2 cup of orange juice

- 1/2 cup of coconut water

- 1 banana 

- 1/2 bag of frozen mango 

- spoonful of Greek yogurt

- paper Hawaiian umbrella (optional, but strongly recommended)

This is the perfect summery smoothie that belongs on a beach. I borrowed this recipe from Ina Garten (so it's gotta taste good), but tweaked it based on the flavors I like. With the mango and orange juice, you'll feel like you're on a tropical island when sipping this delicious smoothie!

Green Smoothie

juice, smoothie, dairy product, vegetable, cream, yogurt, milk, mason jar, matcha, latte, matcha latte, green drink, matcha tea
Julia Gilman

What you'll need:

- handful of spinach

- 1/2 bag frozen strawberries

- 1/2 cup of coconut water

- 1 container of plain Greek yogurt

By now you're probably seeing a theme...coconut water! In a smoothie, coconut water is the perfect alternative to orange juice or plain water because it has so many health benefits including that it is high in potassium and electrolytes so it is super hydrating. This green smoothie is a great healthy option and the added spinach makes for the perfect detoxifying effect.

Berry Smoothie

What you'll need:

- 1/4 cup frozen grapes

- 1/2 bag frozen strawberries

- 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt

- 1 banana

- coconut water

For this smoothie, I recreated one of my favorite smoothies from a local store in my town that uses super fresh ingredients. You can never go wrong with a classic berry smoothie! Although I listed specific fruit, throw a banana, coconut water, yogurt, and any berries you have in your fridge into a blender and you certainly won't be disappointed!!