If you love ginger, you probably already know how good it is for you. There are plenty of ways people are involving ginger  into their meals daily and some of them are getting very creative while doing so. Maybe you're curious in finding out new ways to include ginger in your life, but don't exactly know where to start. If you don't have the time to get creative in the kitchen and are looking for something that's fast and easy to be able to include in your meals, simply mixing in ginger with greens is the way to go. 

Wait, Before We Get Into the Recipe, What's Ginger?

Ginger originated from Southeast Asian and is a vegetable that is used in a wide variety of cultural foods that acts as an add in for spice, and simply, health reasons. If you've stumbled upon this article curious to what ginger is and taste like, it's a pale yellow root that has a slighty strong, yet fresh and spicy kick to it. If you eat it by itself, like as a trendy ginger shot for example, then be prepared to feel the burn, but in a good way that feels like all the bad bacteria is being killed by an awesome super-veggie. 

Now that you know what ginger is and how it's usually used, here is a green juice recipe that includes ginger that you must try.

Green Juice

• 1 1/2 cup kale
  • 1 Stick celery
  • 1 Apple
  • 1/2 Lemon
  • 1 tbsp Ginger
Sasha Padilla

Once you’ve gathered all your fruits and veggies, rinsed them under water to make sure they are clean.

Sasha Padilla

After you’ve rinsed all your ingredients, chop the apple into wedges, your lemon in half, and grade the skin off the ginger you are using. Optional: If you want an extra bit of sweetness, add half of a banana.

Side note: If you don’t have a proper juicer and are using a blender like me, make sure to remove the stem from the kale since that’s is the bitter part of the plant.

Sasha Padilla

The super easy part, blend, baby blend!

milk
    Caitlin McCreight

Serve your drink in a glass and enjoy!

Sasha Padilla

Ginger: The healthy veggie we love.

Ginger root is one of my favorite vegetables to have when I am feeling under the weather or just want a great kick start to my day. Some major benefits this veggie gives is improving digestion, relives colds and flus, reduces inflammation, and even acts as a cancer prevention, manages cholesterol, and helps out period pains and cramps. There are so many more advantages ginger provides that it seems like the list can go on forever. Mixing in greens with this vegetable gives an even more power combo for a healthy and strong meal to have for the day.

If you love ginger, I hope you're rummaging through your fridge to see if you have all the ingredients to make this super drink. If not, keep in mind that this recipe is super inexpensive! Perfect for those college student's who might be worried about the money in their wallets while also trying to keep a healthy lifestyle. So what are you waiting for? Get to juicing with ginger.