The Fourth of July marks the independence of the United States, but for me it's another excuse to make a lot of food for me, my family and friends to enjoy. One of my all time favorite things about celebrating any holiday is creating and sharing all of the fun, festive themed food with family and friends. Although this year's Fourth of July celebrations are going to be a little smaller in size, our appetites are definitely still large. These fun Fourth of July themed recipes are not only fun to make, but will make sure even the pickiest ones in the group are satisfied. This Fourth of July Themed Recipe Roundup includes recipes from around the internet and consists of appetizers, main courses, desserts and drinks that everyone will love!

Appetizers & Snacks

American Flag Caprese

Because what's better than fresh tomato, creamy mozzarella and basil? In my opinion, absolutely nothing. 

Watermelon Caprese

A twist on the classic caprese, this version incorporates watermelon, strawberries, feta and basil for fun summer flavors.

caprese salad, cheese, basil, mozzarella, salad, vegetable, tomato, dairy product
Danielle Nee

Mains

Bacon Cheeseburger

When I think of the cuisine of the USA, I immediately think of cheeseburgers and bacon, making the fourth of July a perfect excuse to throw some greasy, cheesy burgers on the grill.  

Baked Mac & Cheese

The next thing that comes to mind when I think of classic food from the USA - macaroni and cheese. But not your typical boxed mac & cheese. More like that golden, gooey creamy kind baked to perfection. So good.

bacon, juicy, vsco, hand, bun, cheese, lettuce, fita, Dinner, cheeseburger, burger
Katie Kasperson

Desserts

Cherry Brownies

Being in July, we are right in the midst of cherry season, and the best thing to do with an abundance of fruit is to add them to chocolate... right?? 

S'mores

A summer night is not the same with out s'mores. Red, white and blue food coloring gives a festive twist to this classic dessert. 

Funnel Cake

Just the thought of a funnel cake fills my nose with the incredible scent and feeling of being at a fair watching fireworks. Even if we are unable to gather to watch firework displays this year, we can still try to get the same experience. 

Cherry Pie  

Again - taking advantage of cherry season here, for all the right reasons. These mini cherry pies served with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream will be a hit. 

Frozen Bananas

If you are looking for a healthier dessert option that is super simple to make and fun to decorate, let this be it.

dough, bread, blueberry, blueberry pie, pie, pastry, cake, sweet, cherry, cherry pie, Baking, dessert
Julia Gilman

Drinks

Firework Daquiri

A beautifully presented, fruity frozen beverage for those 21+. 

Frozen Lemonade

A twist on your classic lemonade - frozen and with a hint of blueberry and cherry (yes... more cherries).

Bright, refreshing, Summer, happy hour, cocktail, Fruit, Drink, Frozen
Vienna Terrell

I hope that everyone enjoys this Fourth of July themed recipe roundup. Please tag us on instagram (@spoon_fiu) if you try any of them out and have a safe, fun and healthy holiday :-)