Granola tastes good with everything and anything. Prove me wrong. You can pair it with yogurt, sprinkle some on top of a smoothie, or eat it plain as a snack! Oftentimes the store bought granolas can be packed with artificial flavors or tons of added sugars. Added sugars have been linked to increased chances of diabetes, heart disease and cavities, so it's best to avoid them if you can. This easy, homemade granola recipe is made without refined sugars and only whole ingredients. It's vegan and gluten-free too, so all of your friends with food intolerances can share it with you. In addition to the simple ingredient list, this granola tastes amazing! It's crunchy, nutty and just sweet enough to cure your morning sweet tooth. Your taste buds and your body will thank you once you start making this recipe. 

#SpoonTip: You can customize this easy granola recipe by adding in the nuts and seeds that you personally like the best! 

Homemade Granola Recipe

• 3 cups oats/seeds/nuts
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • Cinnamon
  • Optional: maca powder or flaxseed meal
cereal, oatmeal, granola
Zoe Malin

Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicon oven tray.

Add the oats/seeds/nuts of your choice to a large bowl. If you are looking for a grain-free option, omit oats and just add in whatever seeds and nuts you like. I also recommend adding in cranberries or raisins, because the chewy consistency of dried fruits pairs nicely with the crunchy granola.

nut, almond, sweet, coffee
    Kirby Barth

Melt the coconut oil in the microwave, and add to the bowl.

Add in the maple syrup. Depending on your taste preference, you can add a bit more or less than 1/4 cup to achieve your desired sweetness level.

Shake in as much cinnamon as you like into the bowl. Additionally, I like adding in other superfoods to get in some extra health benefits.

#SpoonTip: I typically use either maca powder, which helps balance hormones, or flaxseed meal, which supports healthy digestion. The flaxseed meal is virtually tasteless in the recipe, but if you add maca powder it gives the granola a nice caramel-y flavor!

cinnamon, herb, relish, condiment, cloves
    Natalie Rodriguez

Mix all of the ingredients together. If the mixture seems too sticky, add in more of the dry ingredients.

Pour the granola out onto the pan, and press firmly so that a thin layer forms.

granola, muesli, cereal, cranberry
    Kate Drapkin

Bake for 25 minutes.

Let the granola cool for 45 minutes before breaking into clusters. Store in a cool, dry place.

granola, nut, cereal, almond
    Sophie Rodosky

This easy homemade granola will become a staple in your household, plus it makes your kitchen smell like fresh cinnamon rolls from a bakery. Be creative with different seed and nut additions and find the combination you like the best.

#SpoonTip: My favorites add-ins are walnuts, almonds, shaved coconut, and cranberries. You can also use chocolate chips or cocoa powder if that's more your vibe as well!

Ditch the sugary, store-bought granola and save money by making this recipe. Once you start sharing this homemade granola for your friends and family, they won't ever want you to stop.