Visiting our Easter basket again this week, but don’t let the Easter bunny see what you’re about to do with these chocolate eggs. We all know how Oberyn Martell got a little cocky during the battle in Season 4, Episode 8, and it turned out for the worst. Now we’re bringing this tragic turn of events into our kitchen. What might’ve given us nightmares is now giving us a chance to be a culinary artist while also bashing heads in.

Don’t feel like getting your hands dirty today? Check out our other Game of Thrones inspired recipes where we built our own Iron Throne and conceived a few dragon eggs.

All recipes were inspired by the book, Game of Scones, written by Jammy Lannister.

Oberyn Martell Chocolate Egg

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:20 minutes
  • Total Time:40 minutes

• 1 Hollow Chocolate Egg
  • Black and white icing
  • Cashew pieces
  • 2 cup Red Berries
  • 1 cup Sugar
Photo by Kirby Barth

Cook the jam for Oberyn’s brains by using this easy Spoon recipe. (Note: I only cooked the fruit for about 20 minutes so it had a chunkier consistency…brains aren’t liquid, you know).

Photo by Kirby Barth

Cut a small hole in the top of the egg (The narrow end)

Photo by Kirby Barth

Draw Oberyn’s face while the jam cools (If you add jam to the egg while it’s, it will melt the chocolate!)

Photo by Kirby Barth

Use white frosting in a ziploc-piping bag to draw the eyes (Learn how to make a piping bag here).

Photo by Kirby Barth

Fill his head with brains – I mean – pour jam inside the egg.

Photo by Kirby Barth

Smashing!

Gif by Kirby Barth