So, you went apple picking to get cute pictures for your Instagram. Or maybe you accumulated a bunch of apples every time you left the dining hall, and now you realize they're all sitting in your dorm. You look up things to make using apples, but everything requires supplies that you just don't have on hand. I too have been there, and I'm here to say that I have your answer. With this recipe modified from All Recipes, you can make a delicious snack right in the comfort of your dorm kitchen without having to trek twenty minutes to the grocery store for supplies.

In terms of kitchen tools, you'll need:

- A pot with a lid

- A surface to cut the apples on such as a plate or a Tupperware lid

- A knife (a butter knife can work well)

- Chopsticks (or any utensil that won't scratch the pot or melt) to stir and mash the apples. You can often find chopsticks in dining halls or if you happen to get takeout at an Asian restaurant.

Full disclosure: since you won't be peeling the apples, you will see some peels in the end. However, they're so soft that they just add some nice texture and make the applesauce taste really unique. So, without further ado, I present to you the easiest apple-based recipe you'll ever see. 

Simple Applesauce

• Total Time:1 hr

• 3-4 apples
  • 3 sugar packets
  • 1/2 cup water

Cut your apples into chunks around 1 square inch wide, leaving out seeds and core.

Place the apple chunks into the pot. Add water and sugar.

Sydney Pearson

Cover and cook on medium-low heat, stirring and mashing occasionally until you reach a soft, applesauce-like consistency. Don’t worry if there are still some peels visible.

Sydney Pearson

Turn off stove and let cool before storing. Enjoy with bread, rice cakes, or just by itself!

Sydney Pearson