It’s a real shame that some of the tastiest things in life require a hand mixer or food processor. Bacon chocolate chip cookies, cakes, pancakes, homemade hummus, banana bread cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, the list goes on and on. Pancakes in particular are one of my all-time favorite late-night snacks, but since I wasn’t able to sneak my mom’s hand mixer out of the house before I left for school, I figured regular ol’ Oreos would be my late-night destiny. Then I learned that JCPenney’s cooks 12-pc. 5-in-1 Rocket Power Blender can whip together everything I need. My beloved pancakes included.

Thanks to this everything-in-one blender, this isn’t just any old pancake recipe, we’re making blueberry pancakes that, with the blender, transform into full-on purple pancakes. This recipe can be really simple by replacing the first four ingredients with packaged pancake mix, or if you feel like expressing your culinary expertise, follow the recipe as is. Either way, you won’t be disappointed in the simplicity of throwing a bunch of ingredients into a blender and flipping out purple pancake after purple pancake to satisfy your fruit and pancake craving.

PRO TIP: Add Sprite to your batter just before pouring it onto the pan to make extra fluffy pancakes!

Easy

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Servings: about 6 pancakes

2 tablespoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
½ cup milk
1 large egg
½ cup Sprite
Blueberries

Directions:
1. Add egg, milk and Sprite into blender cup.
2. Add dry ingredients in blender cup (if using pancake mix, add pancake mix to blender) and blend until smooth.
3. Add blueberries to blender cup. Blend until purple.
4. Spray medium-sized pan with oil and turn on heat.
5. Pour batter onto hot pan; allow pancake to spread to about the size of your hand.
6. Wait about one minute and then flip.
7. Repeat until no batter is left.
8. Smother with butter and maple syrup.
9. Enjoy!

This post was sponsored by JCPenney.