Regardless of whether or not the weather has dropped by 20 degrees or none at all, fall is most certainly here. If you don’t believe us, step into Starbucks to smell the PSLs or waltz into Trader Joe’s to admire its endless towers of (delicious) pumpkin products.

Speaking of which, TJ’s recently released a new Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter. Whaaat? Yup, it tastes like pumpkin pie on crack (you can quote us on that), so you can imagine what this waffle stack tastes like: #NOTbasic.

pumpkin spice

Photo by Eileen Wang

Whether you’re a PSL lover, a waffle lover, or both, this recipe makes possibly the best breakfast anybody can enjoy in the fall. It’s like the more socially acceptable way to eat pumpkin pie for breakfast (because sometimes you just do). There’s no better way to start off a chillier morning than to scarf down a stack of warm waffles. Even if you think you’re too good for pumpkin spice, give this recipe a try and wash it down with a homemade PSL.

Not a waffle fan or waffle-maker owner? Follow the box instructions for a pancake batter, and make pancakes instead. You can thank us later.

• Prep Time:
  • Cook Time:
  • Total Time:
  • Servings: