Thanksgiving is a very special holiday where many helping hands come together to create and serve a delicious meal. Classically comprised of turkey, mashed potatoes, desserts, pumpkin and pecan pies, friends and family, Thanksgiving allows us to give thanks while we indulge in great food. 

During Thanksgiving, I am able to reflect upon what I am thankful for. I am very thankful for my family, friends and experiences that have made me who I am.

I am also thankful for microwaves, which may sound a little strange. As everyone knows, microwaves are perfect for college students to pop popcorn, heat leftovers, and make frozen food, but most people don't know that microwaves are also great for making quick, mouthwatering desserts

Many types of desserts can be made in a microwave, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving and the fall season, I'm loving this simple, yet delicious, pecan pie in a mug recipe. Baking can get stressful, especially if there's a time constraint, but with a few ingredients, a microwavable mug, and a microwave, you'll be able to whip up easy Thanksgiving desserts in no time.

Pecan Pie in a Mug

• 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 2 graham crackers crushed
pecan, chocolate
Anastasia McGregor

Whisk everything but the pecans together in a bowl. Add the chopped pecans to your mixture. Place your 2 crushed graham crackers on the bottom of your microwavable mug and pour your filling on top. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. If you want, you can top your pie with more pecans and/or whipped cream.

bacon, coffee
    Anastasia McGregor