Popsicles have been keeping people cool in the summer for most of our lives. In fact, there's no doubt that you have had your fair share throughout your childhood (and adulthood -- whose judging). When the sun is beating down, sometimes all you need is a sweet frozen treat -- and boy do we have the perfect pop for you. 

What makes these pops so essential? Well for one, they aren't your typical fruity flavor. These popsicles are made with a  peanut butter base, and then dipped in rich, creamy chocolate. It's basically a frozen Reese's cup on a stick -- and if you've never tried one then making these PB Pops better be #1 on your Summer to-do list.

This recipe originally appeared on Chocolate Covered Katie

Peanut Butter Popsicles

• Cook Time:6 hrs
  • Total Time:6 hrs 10 mins

• 1 1/2 bananas
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 3 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • melted chocolate to coat
candy, chocolate, sweet, milk
Caroline Ingalls

Assemble your ingredients prior to starting. Make sure that you have a popsicle mold that can hold about six popsicles.

banana, milk
    Caroline Ingalls

Add all the ingredients (bananas, milk, peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt) apart from the melted chocolate into a blender or food processor.

chocolate, sweet, milk, cream, dairy product, peanut butter, caramel, candy
    Caroline Ingalls

Blend until the liquid is smooth.

#SpoonTip: When you taste it, you want it to be very sweet, because it will lose some of that once frozen.

milk
    Caroline Ingalls

Assemble your popsicle mold and pour the liquid into each mold (be sure to leave a little space at the top if you are attaching bases to each one). Place the tray in the freezer for at least 6 hours to solidify.

milk, cream, dairy product, coffee, yogurt, sweet, milkshake, dairy
    Caroline Ingalls

Melt the chocolate (it can be chocolate chips or any kind of candy coating).

milk, chocolate, cream, sweet, coffee, candy, pudding, milk chocolate, dairy product
    Caroline Ingalls

Transfer your frozen popsicles to a lined tray (parchment paper works great).

milk, marshmallow, candy, dairy product, sweet, dairy, cream
    Caroline Ingalls

Spoon or dip your frozen popsicles into the melted chocolate.

#SpoonTip: Move quickly! Frozen popsicles + warm chocolate aren't friends.

chocolate, milk, cream, candy, sweet, coffee
    Caroline Ingalls

Not only is this a fabulous combo have the classic peanut butter and chocolate flavor, it's low-key healthy. Okay, sure it is dipped in chocolate, but take a look at the ingredients. No artificial sugar, if you're using natural maple syrup. I wouldn't feel guilty chowing down on one of these for breakfast!