As a college student with an extremely busy schedule and not enough time or money to go out and scour the grocery store for healthy snacks, I took it upon myself to come up with my own creation (enter peanut butter balls). Initially, I developed this recipe while experimenting at home, but when I realized that I could find all the ingredients I needed right in my own dining hall at school, I knew that it was the perfect dorm room snack.

These simple peanut butter balls can be made in advance (a good break from Sunday night studying) and will last you the whole week, assuming you don't eat them all on the first day. They are the perfect treat to pop into your mouth between classes or if you're running late and can't seem to find time for breakfast. Plus, who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate

Peanut Butter Oat Balls

• Total Time:1 hr

• 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 2 tablespoon chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup Rice Krispies
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1-2 graham crackers

Crush the graham crackers and set aside in a shallow bowl.

pepper, curry, condiment, chili, cumin
    Emily Lufburrow

In a separate bowl, mix the peanut butter, Rice Krispies, and oats together using a spoon or your hands.

Emily Lufburrow

Add the cinnamon and chocolate chips.

oatmeal, cereal, granola, milk, rice
    Emily Lufburrow

Shape the dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter

vegetable
    Emily Lufburrow

Roll each ball in the crushed graham cracker to get an even coat.

sweet, chocolate, bread, cookie
    Emily Lufburrow

Place in a container and chill for about 45 minutes.

#SpoonTip: Use small pieces of parchment paper between each layer as you stack them in a container so that they don't stick together.

granola, cereal, chocolate, raisin, muesli, oatmeal, sweet
    Emily Lufburrow

These peanut butter balls are my go-to snack when I'm stressed and want a quick bite that will fill me up (peanut butter = protein) and give me a little sugar boost (thank you chocolate chips).