Sure, Nutella and Oreos aren't healthy, but when you're stressed out, you pretend they are. They're sweet snacks we all enjoy, especially when studying for midterms and finals. This Nutella Oreo bar recipe makes yummy and fudgy bars made from two of my favorite treats—because we all deserve to experience the joy of these bars. 

Nutella & Oreo Bars

• 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 8 crushed Oreo cookies
brownie, pie, sweet, cream, pastry, cake, chocolate
Tatiana Gonzales

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside, as you will have to incorporate it into another mixture soon.

In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. You want a smooth consistency so if you have a stand mixer instead of a hand mixer, even better!

#SpoonTip: If you use a hand mixer like I did, make sure your bowl is large, otherwise bits of mixture will go everywhere.

Once you have that smooth mixture, incorporate the egg and vanilla extract.

At medium speed, gradually add in the dry ingredients you previously set aside. You know you are done once the dough is formed!

Separate the dough in half and place each half in its own bowl. In one, add the crushed Oreos and in the other, the Nutella.

You can mix each half with the mixer or just incorporate it well by stirring.

In an 8x8 inch baking pan, first press down the Nutella dough and then layer the Oreo dough on top.

Bake for approximately 20 mins.

#SpoonTip: Once it's golden, it's time to take it out of the oven! If you want it fudgy, make sure you don't leave it in the oven too long.