As a part of the Jewish holiday of Passover, this is a time where bread is off limits. We swap our bread for matzah, however, matzah by itself is not the most appetizing. As a result, people use their imagination and create new recipes. The ideas people create with matzah are endless! One of my favorite things to make with matzah are matzah candy bars, otherwise known as Matzah Crack! This treat is THE most addicting thing ever! The best thing is that the recipe requires only a few ingredients: matzah, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup butter, and chocolate chips. On top of that, the prep time is very quick! Here is how you make it:

Step 1:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Step 2: 

Layer a 10x15 pan with foil and then line with matzah.  

Step 3:

In a saucepan, combine 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter and heat until it boils. Allow it to boil for 3 minutes and stir continuously.  

Step 4:

Pour mixture over matzah. Tip: Use a rubber spatula to help evenly spread the mixture

Step 5:

Bake in oven for 7 minutes

Step 6:

Take pan out of oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the hot mixture (any flavor works). Next, using a knife, spread lightly to melt the chocolate.

Step 7:

Place tray in the refrigerator until the matzah hardens.

Now let's take it to the kitchen and eat it while we cook! Happy Passover everyone!