Vietnamese cold brew coffee is a true star in the world of caffeine. One of the most popular drinks at Goddess and the Baker, this coffee is addictive yet extremely elusive. While regular brewing will achieve the flavor profile, cold brewing will make the coffee less acidic. Most of the time you can find this drink on menus at Asian restaurants, but now you can make Vietnamese iced coffee yourself at home. 

Most Vietnamese restaurants make the uniquely flavored Vietnamese iced coffee by using coffee grounds flavored with chicory. Brands of coffee grounds used to achieve this is Cafe du Monde with Chicory and Trung Nguyen Premium Blend.

The sweet accent at the end of the sip mellows out the poignant, punchy taste that first hits you. This is achieved with the addition of sweetened condensed milk, a condiment not normally added to your usual Starbucks coffee. If you're interested in attempting your own Vietnamese iced coffee, try the following recipe.

#SpoonTip: For a boozy version, substitute Bailey's Irish Cream for half of the sweetened condensed milk

Vietnamese Iced Coffee

• Cook Time:12 hrs
  • Total Time:12 hrs 15 mins

• 5 tablespoons coffee grounds
  • 2 cups filtered water
  • 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup ice cubes
pudding, yogurt, milkshake, chocolate, sweet, coffee, cream, milk
Charlotte (Charli) Hu

Add 5 tablespoons of chicory-flavored coffee grounds into a French press.

beer, coffee, tea
    Charlotte (Charli) Hu

Pour in 2 cups of filtered water, then cover the French press.

wine, beer, coffee, tea
    Charlotte (Charli) Hu

Cold brew the grounds by steeping it overnight (roughly 12 hours) in the fridge. Cold brewing coffee grounds produces a more intense flavor.

espresso, tea, coffee
    Charlotte (Charli) Hu

After steeping for 12 hours, remove the French press from the fridge and filter the coffee grounds by pressing down.

beer, espresso, tea, coffee
    Charlotte (Charli) Hu

Fill a cup with ice cubes and add 2 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk.

water, beer, tea, coffee
    Charlotte (Charli) Hu

Pour the coffee over the ice and stir until everything is dissolved.

chocolate, milk, ice, espresso, tea, coffee
    Charlotte (Charli) Hu

Enjoy and drink up.

cappuccino, milkshake, chocolate, pudding, cream, sweet, coffee, milk
    Charlotte (Charli) Hu