You may call yourself a coffee lover, but have you ever had Vietnamese coffee? Cafe Sua Da, otherwise known as Cà phê sữa đá, is a must-try for all you iced coffee lovers. With the use of the famous Vietnamese sweetened condensed milk, it makes for a nice, sweet balance with your strong, dark-roasted coffee. 

Growing up in a Vietnamese household, I would make my own all the time. You wouldn't expect the process of making Vietnamese iced coffee to be this simple, but it is. Rather than having to stand in line and pay for Starbucks all the time, you get to enjoy sitting back and watching your coffee slowly drip through a filter into a cup, which is incredibly mesmerizing. 

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for how addicted you'll become to this drink. 

Vietnamese Iced Coffee

• 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tablespoons ground coffee
  • 1 cup boiled water
  • 10-15 ice cubes

Start by boiling some water and set it aside.

coffee, espresso, tea, water
    Photo by Amy Cho

Meanwhile, pour 3 tablespoons of sweetened condensed milk into a tall glass. I love using the Longevity Brand of Sua Ong Tho.

coffee, espresso, tea, milk
    Photo by Amy Cho

Grab your Vietnamese coffee filter (phin), take off the lid and twist the press inside to unscrew it. Then pour in 2 tablespoons of whatever ground coffee you prefer. Cafe Du Monde or Trung Nguyen both work well.

coffee, tea, espresso
    Photo by Amy Cho

Twist the press back on tightly (make sure it's not too tight or too loose) to keep the grinds in place. Then place the filter atop your glass and pour the boiled water into the filter until it reaches the top.

coffee, espresso, tea
    Photo by Amy Cho

Put the lid on and proceed to watch your Vietnamese brew being made, drip by drip.

espresso, coffee
    Photo by Amy Cho

Allow 3-5 minutes for the drip to finish and then stir all together.

coffee, ice, tea, espresso, alcohol, liquor, wine, cocktail, milk, water, beer
    Photo by Amy Cho

Pour your masterpiece into a glass filled with ice and enjoy!

ice, beer, alcohol, liquor, tea, wine
    Photo by Amy Cho