By now you are probably tired of looking at pictures of your friends' poké bowls on social media. However, there really is a reason behind why this bowl has suddenly become so popular. It is not only healthy and surprisingly tasty, but it is even easier to make than it looks. So, I decided to make my own.

However, I made some minor changes to the recipe because, let's face it, not only are we sometimes too lazy to do things the way we should, but we've all been through a few weeks where we just can't find the time to buy groceries. Here's my own version of poké with items I found in my pantry. 

- 2 tablespoons soy sauce

- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds

- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar

- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

- 1 cup of brown rice

- 1 canned tuna

- 1 avocado

- 1/4 onion 

beer
Alexandra Oduber

Step 1

Start by cooking the rice. After, grab a small-sized bowl and mix together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes. 

Alexandra Oduber

Step 2

Add the canned tuna and onions to the mix.

#Spoontip: When adding the tuna, don't forget to drain the water from the can first.

sauce
Alexandra Oduber

Step 3

Stir them all together until the tuna is covered with the mixture. Let it marinate for 7 minutes. Now, remember to scoop the rice into a bowl. As you do this, slice the avocado and add the chunks to the mixture. 

To finalize this step, mix them all together in the bowl and you are done!

sauce, chicken, pepper, beef, pork, meat, fried rice, vegetable, rice
Alexandra Oduber

This recipe is not only incredibly easy, but it is actually very tasty for the little effort you put into it. Now, you have a healthy alternative for when you want to sit in your couch and watch Netflix or just too lazy to do a complicated dinner or work the oven