As if figuring out a costume for Halloween wasn't hard enough, adding the obligation of bringing a festive and delicious treat to your next Halloween party can put a damper on the Halloween spirit.   

The "hands" only require one bag of pre-popped popcorn (or 2-3 bags of microwavable popcorn) and I bought each item from the dollar store making my total expense only $3 because I already had string to use. You can expect to spend under $5 even if you vary the materials in your "hands."

Popcorn Halloween hands are a delicious, inexpensive and festive way to bring some originality to the party snack table. The classic combination of sweet and salty from the candy corn and the popcorn will leave every guest wanting more and convince them all to bring these "hands" to their next party.

Popcorn Halloween Hands

• Cook Time:0

• 2-3 bags microwave popcorn
  • 1 package candy corn
  • 12 disposable gloves
  • String
popcorn, corn
Erin Livingston

Open the bag of disposable plastic gloves and peel one of them off the pile. Do your best to open the glove by putting your hand or fist in so that the popcorn and candy corn can be added.

beer

Take five pieces of candy corn and place one in each finger of the disposable glove. These act as the "nails" of the hand.

Erin Livingston

Once the candy corns are in place in each finger fill the glove with popcorn. The most difficult part of this step is getting the popcorn into the fingers of the gloves. Use your fingers on the outside of the glove to slide the popcorn down into each finger. After the fingers have been filled add as much popcorn as you would like to the palm section but be careful not to add too much or you may not be able to tie it off.

poutine, bacon

Once the popcorn has been distributed in the fingers and palm of the glove take the string, ribbon or twist ties and twist off the top of the glove and seal it closed. Your hands are now finished, be prepared to impress your friends at your next Halloween party!

popcorn, corn, meat, salt, kettle corn, vegetable, sweet

Extra Tips:

1)  If you don't like to buy pre-popped popcorn you can also use microwave popcorn.  Don't be afraid to be adventurous with flavors.  Just make sure to let the popcorn cool before putting it into the gloves.

2)  If you don't like candy corn use another sweet treat like M&M's to put into the fingers.

3) Use black or orange ribbon to tie off the "hands" to make them even more suited to the Halloween spirit.