Spending the holidays in Paris this year? Me neither. BUT you can bring a little piece of that beautiful city to your own kitchen—with a holiday twist of course. Macarons are delicious and also make for a beautiful Instagram post. They actually look way more complicated to make than you'd think. So let's crank up the holiday music and get baking.

Eggnog and Candy Cane Macarons

• Prep Time:1 hr 30 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 45 mins

• 3 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • buttercream frosting
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • candy canes
butter, chocolate, cookie
Sydney Spaulding

Sift together almond flour and powdered sugar, making sure the ingredients are well mixed.

Sydney Spaulding

In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer until white and foamy.

Sydney Spaulding

Gradually add granulated sugar and continue mixing until meringue is thick and has hard peaks.

Gif by Sydney Spaulding

Quickly add in dry ingredients and fold in to the meringue.

Gif by Sydney Spaulding

Put batter in a pastry bag and squeeze into circles on a baking tray that's been lined with parchment paper. Let the tray sit out for an hour at room temperature.

Sydney Spaulding

Once the cookies have a thin 'shell' (you can touch it without the batter sticking to your finger), bang the tray against the counter to get out air bubbles and bake at 285° F for 10-15 minutes.

Sydney Spaulding

While the shells are cooking, divide buttercream frosting into two separate bowls. In one, add cinnamon and nutmeg; stir well. This is your eggnog-flavored frosting.

Sydney Spaulding

Once shells have cooled, fill half with the eggnog-flavored frosting. Fill the other half with plain frosting and then roll them in crushed candy canes (don't roll eggnog macarons in the candy canes).

Sydney Spaulding