Valentine's day is coming up so you want to make chocolates for your special someone or just for yourself.

For me, chocolate is my go-to snack so I invest a lot of money buying it, usually gravitating towards the cheapest ones because otherwise I break the bank. So why not make my own?

Unfortunately as a college student, I don't have the luxury of having a kitchen or the time to temper chocolate, or the patience. Also, what if I want to make them at night?

This is a quick and easy recipe for making your own chocolate. It only takes a few ingredients and a silicone mold to make yummy chocolates that are expensive-looking. Why not make your own and have control over the sweetness and bitterness?

Cute Cocoa Chocolates

• 4 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons honey or stevia confectionery sugar
candy, cream, chocolate
Tatiana Gonzales

In a bowl, mix together the cocoa powder and the coconut oil for a smooth and gooey consistency.

Spoon Tip: make sure the coconut oil is in liquid form. Either microwave it so it melts or just place it in a warm area

Add sweetener of choice to the mix. Some choices are: agave, stevia, confectionery sugar, honey, etc. Taste it and add more if necessary!

Pour the chocolate mixture into silicone molds.

Place in the freezer for 10 minutes for chocolates to harden.

Serve and enjoy!