Eggs Benedict might be the bougiest of egg meals. It also is arguably the best way to eat your eggs (let me know if you want to talk about it because I can probably convince you). I’ve seen a lot of variation from avocado eggs benny to crab cakes benedict.

There might be no wrong answers to eggs benedict variations (disclaimer: this is probably not true), but I’ve come to share my own twist that I will most likely make until I die. In fact, if you’ve been in my life long enough, I’ve probably made you eat these before. If not, maybe you should ask me to have breakfast sometime.

The Brie Eggs Benedict

• Prep Time:8 minutes
  • Cook Time:15 minutes
  • Total Time:23 minutes
  • Servings:2-4
  • Advanced

• 1-2 eggs
  • 1 English muffin, halved
  • 2 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 4 tablespoon spreadable brie
  • 4 slices of prosciutto
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 pinch pepper
Photo by Nicole Witte

Bring the water to a boil. Add the vinegar and reduce to a simmer.

Photo by Nicole Witte

Crack the eggs into a ramekin and pour into the water as close as possible without burning yourself. Some people like to swirl the egg after they place it in the water. Do you.

Photo by Nicole Witte

Toast your English muffins to your desired level while your eggs are poaching.

Photo by Nicole Witte

Spread your brie on the toasted bread, add a slice of prosciutto.

Photo by Nicole Witte

When your eggs are perfectly poached, this should take about 5-6 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon or mesh skimmer and place on top of the prosciutto.

Photo by Nicole Witte

Season with salt and pepper to taste. I prefer to immediately cut the egg open: ideal yolk porn.

Photo by Nicole Witte