Warm, mulled cider is the perfect thing to drink on a chilly fall evening. One of my favorite memories of drinking warm cider is walking on a haunted halloween trail in the park looking at all of the carved jack-o-lanterns and dodging bats. Another favorite is on a slightly overcast fall day wandering through an apple or a hard with a warm mug of cider and hot apple cider donut, searching for even more apples to bring home. If you want to bring in some warmth to your home this fall, cider is the way to go. 

Warm Spiced Cider

• 1 Gallon apple cider
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 10 cloves whole
  • 1 teaspoon allspice or 10 whole berries
  • 2 star anise pods
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1 grated orange peel
coffee, milk, tea, cream, espresso, cinnamon, sweet, chocolate, cappuccino
Becca Berland

For the cider, either buy a commercial apple juice or make you own using this recipe. You can also use hard cider if you want to add an extra level to this recipe. Combine all the ingredients into a large pot and cook over medium high heat for about thirty minutes. Drain the spices out and serve warm! 

apple, juice, cider, sweet, tea
Anna Arteaga

I love having this as is or with an extra dash of cinnamon. You can also top the cider with a drizzle of Carmel or throw in some extra apple chunks. Have this drink by itself or with snacks like cheese and apple, cider donuts, or pumpkin muffins. If you want a meal to go with it, try a roasted delicata squash salad with Brussels sprouts and maple glazed tempeh or a big bowl of warm soup of your choice and sourdough grilled cheese. Enjoy!