We’ve all had those days where all you want to do is come home to a pint of Ben & Jerry’s or indulge in those greasy late night “drunchies” (drunk munchies) that call for an extra-long workout the next day. Have no fear: there are replacement recipes for those comfort cravings. So, cut the processed food. Cut the added sugar and calories. Cut the B.S. These four healthy swaps for your favorite junk foods will fuel your body the right way, while satisfying your sweet tooth. 

1) Nice Cream

cocoanibs, nicecream, Healthy, cocoa, banana, healthybreakfast
Nicole Burnett

Ice cream is a staple when it comes to comfort food. The one thing that will make you feel like everything is going to be okay until you realized you’ve eaten the entire container (guilty as charged). Along comes the sugar rush and that rumbling stomach ache from the excessive amount of dairy you consumed. To avoid this, Nice Cream is the perfect dairy-free, vegan swap, free from added sugar and preservatives. Mix and match your favorite flavors and topping to create your dream nice cream. If bananas aren't your thing feel free to use avocados to get the same creamy texture. 

2)  Paleo Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Buns

Rachel DeVaux is one of my favorite food, lifestyle, wellness bloggers, and my go-to for healthy swaps for junk foods and other nutritious recipes. Her healthy take on the classic American hamburger is recreated with paleo turkey burgers on roasted sweet potato buns. This recipe is classic on her blog, and great for when you have company over. These burgers are an easy, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo recipe that everyone can enjoy. Each burger is full of flavor while eliminating the fat, grease, and carbs of traditional hamburgers. 

3) Sweet Potato Toast

Alex Frank

Toast that finally brings value to the table. The warmed bread has always been a traditional breakfast item with absolutely no nutritional substance. It's time to recreate this unhealthy breakfast item, while swapping your average piece of toast with sweet potato toast. Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Spice up the recipe by adding your own favorite toppings. This nutritious and easy to make recipe will keep you awake during those 8am classes and will help you sustain energy longer throughout the day. Definitely an Instagram-worthy breakfast. 

4) Overnight Oats

Emily Head

If you are the person that lays in bed until the last possible second or snoozes their alarm at least four times before rolling out of bed, overnight oats are for you! This recipe is about as minimal as you can get and will keep you full until lunch. Whether you prepare the oats the night before or prep them for the rest of the week, you won’t feel guilty for sleeping in those extra couple minutes. By playing around with your favorite ingredients, toppings, and flavors you won’t ever get sick of this recipe!

So, use these four healthy swaps for your favorite junk foods to demolish those craves and replace them with healthier options that will leave your stomach satisfied and your mind happy.