Most of us are usually rushing in the morning, but we can't forget that breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day. With a spare 25 minutes, this egg-tastic, healthy omelet could be your morning fill. With a little bit of green scallions, white mozzarella, and red sun-dried tomatoes, you can show a bit of Italian pride (and if you're not actually Italian, it's a great excuse to appreciate their flavorful cuisine). 

Healthy Italian Omelet Recipe

• 2 eggs
  • 1/2 zucchini thinly sliced
  • 1 small scallion
  • Sun dried tomatoes
  • Fresh mozzarella
  • Italian seasoning
  • Butter
omelet, egg, cheese, bacon
Jessica Henderson

After washing the zucchini and scallion, cut both of them up into thin slices. I also found that the sun-dried tomatoes were quite large for my liking, so I cut those in half as well, but that's up to your preference.

cake
    Jessica Henderson

In a small pan, take a little bit of butter and cook the veggies. It's better to add the zucchini first to let it get some color before adding the scallions.

vegetable
    Jessica Henderson

While the veggies are cooking, crack 2 eggs into a small bowl. Add some Italian seasoning. Then beat those eggs with a whisk or fork.

#SpoonTip: The key to a fluffy omelet is to whisk until the eggs start forming bubbles like you see in the photo.

egg, soup
    Jessica Henderson

After the veggies are done, even them out within the pan and add the beaten eggs. Wait until the eggs are fairly cooked on the sides and add the mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes.

Jessica Henderson

Finally, flip the eggs in half, wait until the mozzarella melts, and start your day the right way while enjoying your masterpiece.

vegetable, tomato, chicken, sour cream, cheese
    Jessica Henderson

There you have it, a healthy omelet recipe inspired by Italian cuisine and sure to leave you satisfied in the morning. And for those who want something even easier or don't have enough time in the morning, check out how to make an omelet in the microwave for an even easier breakfast.