What’s better than warm, comfort food during times like these? I don’t know about you, but I would never pass up a churro—especially when I know that churro is high in protein and gluten and egg free! Here's how you do it:

Sarina Bialow

1.) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 2 cups of water, 5 tbsp of all-you-lose sweetener (or any low cal sweetener, really), 1 tsp of salt, 4 tbsp of coconut oil and bring to a boil.

2.) Turn off heat and move pan aside. Add in 2 scoops of your favorite vanilla protein powder and 3/4 of a cup of gluten free flour and stir until a dough forms. The dough should be very thick!

3.) Carefully scoop dough into a piping bag with a star tip (you can use a ziplock bag and cut tip to create a piping bag.)

4.) Next, you have the option of...

a.) Baking your churros at 325 degrees on a baking sheet for about 15 mins or until golden brown.

OR

b.) You can air fry them using tin foil “boats” to hold their shape. Cook at 300 degrees for about 10 minutes.

5. Remove from fryer, roll in cinnamon and sugar (all-you-lose) and cut to desired length. (I prefer about 2 inch pieces!)

6.) Enjoy!

**Optional: serve with a chocolate sauce made with 1 cup of Lily’s dark chocolate chips (or any healthy chocolate chips of your choosing) and a tbsp of coconut oil. Melt this in microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.