Pancakes. A staple in a perfect breakfast meal, but not always the healthiest option. But what if I told you that you could have a delicious pancake without having to worry about the time you'll spend at the gym later? Well with these grain-free pancakes, you can. 

This recipe is majorly easy, and with only seven healthy and whole ingredients, these pancakes are perfect for a lazy weekend morning (or afternoon—I won't judge).

Grain-Free Pancakes

• 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • Pinch salt
egg
Kourtney Meldrum

Start by combining all of your dry ingredients into a bowl (coconut flour, baking powder, and salt). In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract.

sweet, milk, bread, cream, dairy product
    Kourtney Meldrum

Add the wet and dry ingredients together and mix well. There may be parts of the coconut oil that re-harden, but don't worry because it will melt when you cook the pancakes. Let the batter sit for a few minutes so it can set.

sweet, bread
    Kourtney Meldrum

Heat extra coconut oil in a pan. Add about 1/2 cup of the batter onto the pan (or however big you'd like your pancakes to be). Keep the heat on medium-low and cook for around 2 minutes per side.

butter, peanut, peanut butter
    Kourtney Meldrum

Enjoy your grain-free pancakes!

cake, syrup, berry, sweet, pancake, strawberry
    Kourtney Meldrum

Let these pancakes become part of your weekly breakfast routine! Change it up to meet your own diet needs or cravings. You can use almond or coconut milk instead of regular milk, add in chocolate chips or cacao nibs, or even put some berries right into the batter. 

Make these once, and get ready to give up real pancakes for life. 

cake, sweet, berry, french toast, toast, strawberry
Kourtney Meldrum