Peppers, sausage and cheese...could this recipe get any easier? Almost every time I make these stuffed peppers for friends who haven't had them before, they are skeptical to try them, but after their first bite they're hooked for life. These Hungarian Wax peppers are great for making stuffed peppers with because of their medium size, giving space for filling. These peppers are also great for all guests because of their range in temperature. When you go to your local grocery store, often times they'll have both Hot Hungarian Wax and Hungarian Wax which is great for those who don't like spicy food.

I got the inspiration for this post from the stuffed pepper recipe that I would beg my dad to make for me when I was younger (and still do).

Tanzen Angert

Hot Hungarian Stuffed Peppers

• Cook Time:1 hr 20 mins
  • Total Time:1 hr 35 mins

• 10 Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers
  • 1 Jimmy Dean Regular Pork Sausage
  • 2 Frigo Three Cheese Blend
Tanzen Angert

Preheat your oven to 400°.

Tanzen Angert

Cut the Hungarian Wax peppers in half, and take seeds out for less heat.

Tanzen Angert

Open Jimmy Dean sausage and fill halved peppers with a thick layer of sausage.

Tanzen Angert

Place peppers on a baking sheet and put them in the oven for 30 minutes.

Tanzen Angert

After the 30 minutes is up, take the peppers out of the oven and open up the Frigo cheese. Place the cheese on top of each pepper.

Tanzen Angert

After putting cheese on the peppers, put them back in the oven for another 30 minutes.

Tanzen Angert

After the 30 minutes, take the peppers out one more time to add another layer of Frigo cheese.

Tanzen Angert

Place the peppers back in the oven for the last 20 minutes to melt the cheese and finish softening the peppers.

Tanzen Angert

This recipe is super easy and is great for any meal. I often make more peppers than I can eat so that I can save the leftovers in my refrigerator for the next day. Even though I have to admit the best time to eat these stuffed peppers is right after they come out of the oven, there's something about having a pepper straight from the refrigerator the next day that is almost as equally delicious. The juicy sausage in this recipe makes for a great breakfast to help start your day.

These stuffed peppers are also great as a main dish for a laid-back lunch as well as a side dish for dinner. When the peppers heat up, the outside shell becomes soft and melts together with the sausage while the cheese on top hardens for a nice crunchy top.

Although this recipe takes an hour and 20 minutes to make, this is the perfect amount of time to pop in a movie to watch while you wait for that final buzzer of the oven. This savory stuffed pepper recipe is perfect for small bites at a movie marathon with your friends, a tailgate with the boys, or a simple dinner at home with bae. These three simple ingredient come together to make something truly mouthwatering that with leave you wanting more after every bite.

Wondering how to cut a pepper? Wanting more inspo for stuffed pepper recipes? Spoon University has you covered.