If you absolutely love peaches, and are looking for some new ways to use them in recipes, try this easy Pecan & Peach Crisp recipe. Fail-proof for even the most culinarily challenged, this recipe requires almost no real skills, and is perfect for summertime. It's also super modification-friendly, so feel free to throw in whatever suits your fancy. Switch up the spices, top with this easy DIY whipped cream, or add some blackberries! 

NOTE: Always be careful using a cast-iron skillet, as the quality of the pan may affect the appearance of your food. 

Katie Sun

Easy Pecan & Peach Crisp

• Prep Time:10 secs
  • Total Time:35 mins 10 secs

• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter sliced into cubes for the crisp
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature for the filling
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar for the crisp
  • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar for the filling
  • 3/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 3-4 juicy peaches cut into slices
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • kosher salt
Katie Sun

Whisk together the flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.

Katie Sun

Add the cubed butter, and combine until large clumps form.

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter the cast-iron skillet.

In a larger bowl, combine the pecans, peaches, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and lemon juice. Leave some pecans aside for garnish.

Katie Sun

Pour mixture into buttered cast-iron skillet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.

Katie Sun

Remove from oven. Pour the "crisp" mixture on top of the apples, and return to oven. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes at 325°F, or until golden.

Katie Sun

Serve with vanilla ice cream and additional pecans.

Katie Sun